FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts PockyTiki's NEW(ish) Cannibal T-shirts on Page 4!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PockyTiki's NEW(ish) Cannibal T-shirts on Page 4!
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 10:08 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I seriously hadn't touched the stuff since like....well...elementary school, but it's fun! The glaze i put on it, kind of killed some of the detail, so I'll have to experiment more.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-04 5:44 pm   Permalink

So Sam the cannibal's been busy! He just got a twitter!

http://twitter.com/#!/SamTheCannibal

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 3:18 pm   Permalink

Well it's been awhile since I've posted anything of value, and art-related for that matter. So let's get this ball rolling, shall we?

Having bought a new sketchbook, I thought i'd break it in....

and here's something a little different. I took an old Target-bought coconut mug, and drew on it with a paint pen.

And while we're on the topic of paint pens, here's a small thing I did on a scrap piece of cardboard.

Been trying to do something art-related atleast once a day, if not more....

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-30 10:50 am   Permalink

I like 'em! Great sketches too.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-30 3:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks BigT!

Here's another sketch i did today.

Don't know why I decided to add goat horns and a robe, but it looked like it went well with the motif.

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 10:37 am   Permalink

added a little more to this sketch last night

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-31 3:18 pm   Permalink

Decided to ink it and test out my new Castell pens.

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 01:16 am   Permalink

That is really cool!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-03 08:52 am   Permalink

just giving an update. The last drawing I posted, the "Pagan Ritual" piece, i decided to get printed on some skate decks. I got three printed, so I'll post pics once they get here.

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-04 9:35 pm   Permalink

Awesome. I would love to see a step by step of how you are printing on a skate deck. I imagine it is silk screen, but would like to see your process I find comparing artistic processes eternally fascinating. Your sketch thread has been a lot of fun so far too by the way!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-04 10:38 pm   Permalink

Thank you!

Truly some fine Tiki art being generated, Good on you; please keep it coming.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-05 08:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-04 21:35, tigertail777 wrote:
Awesome. I would love to see a step by step of how you are printing on a skate deck. I imagine it is silk screen, but would like to see your process I find comparing artistic processes eternally fascinating. Your sketch thread has been a lot of fun so far too by the way!

Hey TigerTail!

Unfortunately I am not skilled enough at silkscreening to print on a skate deck. I've only printed on fabric, and honestly don't really have the cajones to print on skate decks right now. I sent my design into a professional company out of Cali, who specialize in custom printing. In fact, some recent decks I've had printed were from them and will be hanging in a gallery this weekend in NH.

As far as step by step goes, in order to get the design dark enough to make a good, printable design, all I had to do was scan it into my laptop, upload it to Photoshop, crop it a bit and up the contrast. I also went back and touched up some blank spots.

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-06 6:33 pm   Permalink

I see, well would you know what kind of silkscreen ink they use to do it? I am very curious what kind they would have to use because it would have to be extra durable under various conditions. Plastisol MIGHT work, but I am not sure. I would love to see photos of the decks when you get them done for the gallery. I bet they are going to look stellar.

[ This Message was edited by: tigertail777 2011-09-06 18:34 ]

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-07 05:48 am   Permalink

From what I've read, Boardpusher does not actually silkscreen the designs. Most skateboards you see in large retailers are heat transfered and wrapped. Skateboards are made from layers of veneer, so another technique used is to print an image on a flat piece of veneer and then manufacturing the skateboard. So my guess is, once they receive my design through the computer, they can then transfer it over to a large printing machine and basically just transfer the image over onto the skateboard.

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-07 09:27 am   Permalink

Your work is amazing! Keep 'em coming!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation