FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events [Location Change] St Patiki Day @ Rugger's Reef 3/19/11
[Location Change] St Patiki Day @ Rugger's Reef 3/19/11
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-18 12:15 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately I came down with the Flu and am still sick. Never fear...the party will still go on, and will now be at Matt's pad @ the Rugger's Reef. (Thank you Matt.)

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2011-03-12 19:27 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-21 12:18 pm   Permalink

Matt has got this one covered with Brewskies and Cocktails.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2011-03-12 19:28 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-21 12:19 pm   Permalink

"But is the Guinness green?" is the question.....actually scratch that, green beer is gross.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-21 12:30 pm   Permalink

LOL...no, not gonna mess with the Guinness. The mint in the Mai Tais will be sporting the right color. Which reminds me...I always thought this was weird...how much does this cost and what about the fish...LOL.

Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-02-21 12:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-21 12:19, PockyTiki wrote:
"But is the Guinness green?" is the question.....actually scratch that, green beer is gross.

I've had has some green beer that was quite tasty. It's called Green Rooster. Back in the day at my favorite watering hole Harry O'Shortals there was a beer drink called "Mud on the Green". It was Guinness floated on top of the Green Rooster and it was fantastic.

Harry O's was a beer joint with over 100 different types of beer & Ale. Mugs from the regulars were lining the walls on hooks at the celing level and if you had one you probably spent a fortune there. The bar was a hit for about 10 years then they closed the doors and went belly up just like so many other bars from the past.

Those were the days.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-22 9:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-02-21 12:30, VampiressRN wrote:
LOL...no, not gonna mess with the Guinness. The mint in the Mai Tais will be sporting the right color. Which reminds me...I always thought this was weird...how much does this cost and what about the fish...LOL.

Just a couple of weeks ago someone did this to a local river:

Apparently, they used Fluorescein. It takes just a very small amount.

Fluorescein is a synthetic organic compound soluble in water and alcohol. The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic. The chemical is usually used to trace leaks from septic tanks and water systems and can be bought online.

Have a great party Vamp!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-02-25 02:17 am   Permalink

Thanks for that intel TW...that is good to know. Boy, the color is so intense and actually beautiful.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-03 5:06 pm   Permalink

What ideas are you cooking up? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-03 9:53 pm   Permalink

Still planning on doing my Guinness Corned Beef Brisket!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-04 10:36 pm   Permalink

We also have potatoes/turnips from Dave and soda bread from Barb. Green dessert on the menu too. I am going to opt out so I don't pass this evil Flu on to anyone...but I'll be slamming back a Guinness in honor of the Sac Ohana at my pad.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2011-03-12 19:31 ]

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-13 01:53 am   Permalink

Bumping to be sure everyone sees the location change to Rugger's Reef at Matt's pad.

LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-13 12:48 pm   Permalink

I'll be there. What can I bring?

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-14 10:05 pm   Permalink

Kilts or lava-lavas preferred. Down with Pants!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-20 1:09 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to the O'hana who bravely ventured out last night in truly Irish weather to hang out together.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-24 8:55 pm   Permalink

Anyone got pix?

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation