FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Doctor Z's Castaway Lounge B-day Spectacular, 8/2 UPDATE/DETAILS!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Doctor Z's Castaway Lounge B-day Spectacular, 8/2 UPDATE/DETAILS!!
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 5:24 pm   Permalink

Hey Doc - just wondering, do you take your moniker from the great 1965 Euro-trash horror flick THE DIABOLICAL DR Z, directed by Jess Franco? I imagine so. It just came out on DVD, by the way, and I highly recommend it to all who dig mod 60s monster movies.
see
www.mondomacabrodvd.com if so inclined

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 10:11 pm   Permalink

Pleaze excruze the Tiki 3 's absence. Mucho Mahalos for understanding that we work tooo hard.

p.s. Blame it on Fred!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-02 10:14 pm   Permalink

I too am sorry for my no show.
But it is 9:15 and I am taking my first break of the day.
Sorry ZZ's
Sorry friends
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 04:01 am   Permalink

Bax!

Sorry you couldn't make it tonight (last night!). It was really fun! There are LOTS of things you missed...you should have seen it!

Hey, do you think you can make it out to the Int'l Tiki Day gathering next week?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 12:55 pm   Permalink

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 1:03 pm   Permalink

First things first, Doc Z-The lounge is extraordinary. Your tiki collection and vintage bar-wow! The drinks were exceptional. Where did you get those little rock candy swizzle sticks?

And Ladies, isn’t Sabu every woman’s dream. Not only did he bring us all that wonderful clothing, he cooks too! Sabu-there’s no doubt, you are truly the master of coal and fire!

To the guys, you know who you are, you were either extremely tossed or very good sports. Hum...we might have to start a calendar “The Boys of Tiki Central Calendar”. And Yes, SugarCaddyDaddy, there were some very interesting things to see. If this is any indication of the next party....we are all in big trouble.

I had a great time, my compliments to our wonderful hosts.

Nurse F

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 4:28 pm   Permalink

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I was working late last night finishing a job we had to deliver this morning. Good news is I got two weeks of downtime before the next one starts up. I'm polanning on spending those two weeks house hunting in Long Beach, lookout LBers I'mn moving in. Well there goes teh neighborhood.

Fred

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 5:53 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Z. Sorry we couldn't make the party...I'm sure it was great! Had to work all weekend & just got off. As a famous man once said - work is the curse of the drinking class. See ya at the next one.

Terry & Sally

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2003-08-03 8:28 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Dr. Z...... Your place is great!!! Excellent drink and food (thanks Sabu). What a great bunch of TC people and their friends......Weird Uncle Tiki and the King playing Cream's "White Room" and other rock and Hawaiian classics.......one more verse of "Hot Beef Injection"????? Mahalo

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-03 8:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-08-02 22:11, RevBambooBen wrote:
Pleaze excruze the Tiki 3 's absence. Mucho Mahalos for understanding that we work tooo hard.

p.s. Blame it on Fred!

No Doubt! Very sorry for not making it - when Ben called me in the early evening, I was passed out asleep in my chair at work!
I'm loggin' in the crazy hours/7 days a week but I'm not complaining... I'm just working with new factories trying to catch-up! Hope you had a blast!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 07:09 am   Permalink

I would have loved to be there! Happy Birthday Z! Best Wishes and Many More!

From,
Mr and Mrs Mug

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 10:16 am   Permalink

Dr. Z & Sabu:
Thanks for the hospitality and the cool tiki crafts. Me and Miss sooki sooki had a blast.
Your tiki room kicks some serious butt.

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 10:35 am   Permalink

Terrific party! The Castaway lounge is really a sight to behold. Them skewers Sabu cooked up was delectable (and served on leaves!). Dr. Z, your bartending is A-#1; super mai-tais. The paint-your-own-tiki was a real blast, too. You know how to throw a hum-dinger and stock it with great party folks! Mahalo.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 10:53 am   Permalink

All I can say is I had a relaxing and great time there. You know when you just feel at home. Good to see everybody .

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-04 11:47 am   Permalink

Happy B-day Z! sounds like you guys had a nice time. post some of those paint your own Tiki things. I would love to see some.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation