FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mouling, Hollywood, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Mouling, Hollywood, CA (restaurant)
Bail Tekey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-03 7:27 pm   Permalink

Amazing!Just fantastic. I wonder if the three sided Ku tiki lamp on those tables is similar to this pink version Ku lamp. Athough this version has a Repro Kahiki shade compliments of Tiki Skip's fine craftmanship.

View Profile of Bail Tekey Send a personal message to Bail Tekey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiara
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-10 11:41 pm   Permalink

I've never seen this before.

View Profile of kiara Send a personal message to kiara  Email kiara     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-19 12:59 pm   Permalink

That one went for some big dinero on ebay, well above my paygrade. Here is a close up.

Interesting that they used the logo girl from the Lanai, which later became the Hawaii Kai in New York.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-11 07:39 am   Permalink

The Cat 'n the Fiddle aka former Mouling aka former Mauna Loa is closing this weekend...

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-the-cat-fiddle-restaurant-close-december-20141020-story.html

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-11 11:58 am   Permalink

Would make a great tiki bar again! The entry would make a nice cave.

P.S. Kona Club in Oakland was an English Pup before I got hold of it.

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Kona Club, Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson,
Don the Beachcomber, Tiki No, Royal Hawaiian, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Longi

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-11 10:56 pm   Permalink

This sucks. Love the Cat & the fiddle. Great English pub food and outdoor seating. If this turns into some chain restaurant it would be a damn shame.

A tiki bar would be awesome but I won't hold my breath for that!

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-22 07:21 am   Permalink

I read this little mention from a Rolling Stones/The Doors/Music site: It was about how the Doors met The Stones. Ray Manzarek is being interviewed.

What was the feeling like just after the show?

We toasted each other with champagne at the Hollywood Bowl, to a great performance. It started subtly then climaxed. That show was like great sex! The Doors having sex with their Los Angeles audience.

There's a rumor that Mick Jagger can be seen in the audience on the DVD.

Jagger was there and, come of think of it, all of the Stones were there, as well. We all had dinner before the show with the Stones. Now I don't know where they were during the show, but there are rumors that Jim's girl was sitting on Jagger's lap. And I remember our meal with the band before the show, at Mouling's Chinese restaurant, a long-gone place that specialized in Navy Grog and special tropical drinks.

The opening acts that night were pretty special, too.

Wow, it was the Chamber Brothers and Steppenwolf. What a show, man! The Chambers Brothers were coming off "Time," their big hit. My soul had been psychedelized by the Chambers Brothers. And Steppenwolf, "Born to be Wild" -- head out on the highway. Amazing.

[ This Message was edited by: ted tiki 2017-03-22 07:22 ]

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-23 10:29 am   Permalink

Excellent urban archaeology.

Apparently, the new lease holders have a passing appreciation of the Polynesian past and are going to restore the gardens.

http://la.eater.com/2017/3/22/15022858/cat-fiddle-hollywood-ken-friedman-interview-coming

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation