Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki pictures updated 2/26/11
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki pictures updated 2/26/11
Peter

Posted: 2011-02-22 10:18 am   Permalink

Hi, I am thankful to find your site and thanks to Sven i am here to display our items. I am searching for a good home for these gods. We discovered them in our garage wrapped up and hidden all these years. We do know they arrived here in the states in the 40/50s war era and the research has turned up nothing as of yet. I welcome your intrest.
To me they look ancient !
Also dispayed internal Honeycomb effect (inside tiki)
Sincerely, Peter
Upated 2/26/11

[ This Message was edited by: Peter 2011-02-26 13:56 ]

View Profile of Peter Send a personal message to Peter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-22 10:43 am   Permalink

Peter,

Is there any way to get some better pictures of these? Can you tell us where you are at and maybe the size and condition of the carvings?

Thanks,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-22 12:02 pm   Permalink

From what I can make out they look very fibery, similar to fern wood Tikis, (there is a great thread here about those here somewhere) but some palm wood has a similar quality. But judging by the stylization of the carvings I would be extremely surprised if they were any older that the late 1950s. And yes better pictures would be a big help,

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-22 12:33 pm   Permalink

They look like tree fern Tikis to me. Here is a link to Sabu's comprehensive post on the subject. Better pics would be nice.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=35730&forum=1&49

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Peter

Posted: 2011-02-22 3:49 pm   Permalink

Hi , I agree. The picture quality on two of them is poor and I can retake a few more pics. These items came here in the 40s so the age is beyond that ( i believe ) . I will do my job and create better pictures if needed. Thank You . Peter
Ps. i have a group picture and need to get them on there(better quality) ! Ok

View Profile of Peter Send a personal message to Peter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Peter

Posted: 2011-02-22 4:41 pm   Permalink

Thank you Dc for that information ! That is so helpful. I hope this new pic I am creating will clear the air. It should be up in one day. Peter

Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-22 10:54 pm   Permalink

Hello Peter, where are you located? Please feel free to send me a personal message if you're in the Southern CA. area. and are looking to find them a good home.
Thanks, Chub

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 07:02 am   Permalink

Hi Peter; For better pictures, try taking them outside and not using flash. The head-on nature of flash washes out all the carving details.

I agree, they look no earlier than the '50 to me. The paint doesn't help, but it's part of their history now.

Good Luck!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Peter

Posted: 2011-02-23 10:16 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Peter 2011-02-26 13:34 ]

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-23 5:40 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a great, happy fern family! A unique bunch. They should stay together.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-02-23 17:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-02-26 22:18 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Peter

Posted: 2011-02-23 7:07 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Peter 2011-02-26 13:35 ]

Peter

Posted: 2011-02-24 07:19 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Peter 2011-02-26 13:32 ]

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-24 08:09 am   Permalink

Peter,

Are you wanting to sell these?

If so, how much are you asking for them?

Where are you located?

Thanks,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-26 10:20 pm   Permalink

Nice update, Peter! Boy they look ancient. Our member Babalu should get a kick out of that rabbit Tiki!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-27 08:49 am   Permalink

Awesome pics peter and great treasures, make sure you store them indoors or they will deteriorate in the elements. also where are you located and what are you selling them for , I would love one of these for the Rumpus Room!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation