[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Music
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Music
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-24 12:30 am   Permalink

I just ordered a few of those Roudoudou CD's from Amazon.fr -- not exactly sure how much it cost me, but thank God the site is similar enough to the .com version that I was able to feel my way through it

For those so inclined, I've assembled a pretty decent record collection, nearly comprising the entire 'canon' of Exotica. You can see some of the records and hear even more of them at the following links:

http://www.vegasvics.com
http://www.live365.com/stations/brianeh

I've been seeking out 'newer' bands, and a fair number are in rotation now; including APE, Lushy, Project:Pimento, Vodkanauts, Tipsy, Bella di Waikiki, Tiki Tiki Bamboooos, Tiki King, and many others (not to mention more established acts like Don Tiki and ComEd). Exotica is alive and well my friends. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Aloha,

Vic

P.S. Special kudos to anyone who can get Cherry Capri to answer my emails!

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 11:05 am   Permalink

Well I received those Roudoudou CDs from Amazon.fr the other day. The music is very cool, with an etheral, trippy feeling; something like Tipsy meets Ursula 1000 and they play a gig at the Buddha Bar. Not exactly New Exotica, much more in the ambient/downtempo/chillout category. But its still refreshing to see these new acts take the tiki vibe and do thier own thing with it.

Probably a little too out there for most listeners of the
Tiki Lounge, but I think it might just find a home on the more progressive Naked City. Enjoy.

Aloha,

Vic

[ This Message was edited by: vegasvic on 2003-07-04 11:12 ]

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 12:26 am   Permalink

I wonder...Roudoudou sounds very much as if the people running the label are big fans of "Watership Down". "Hrududu" was rabbit lingo for "car", and would be pronounced/spelled that way in French.

bit of a stretch...?

emspace

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 7:01 pm   Permalink

I just picked up Petty Booka's "Let's Talk Dirty in Hawaiian" which is fabulous listening for any tiki bar. Petty Booka is a ukulele duo from Hawaii ... their cover of "These Boots are Made for Walking" is awesome.

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 9:28 pm   Permalink

Wowza! Just visited www.vegasvics.com for the first time and found it to be quite well done. Nice to see there are others out there who are, like myself, not only Tiki-obsessed but Music Geeks and Font-a-holics as well.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 11:06 pm   Permalink

Speaking of music.... This must be tiki music

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2542253716&category=307

The song list is kickin' it, YO! Check it aahh 'ite!

As an example it goes from... Come Sail Away, right into Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

What the F! is the Tiki Stomp??

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-06 11:45 am   Permalink

The Ketchup Song? Aieeeeee!!!!

Run far, far away from that CD!
Although I do like getting Jiggy with it, it has no place on a 'Tiki' CD.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
modchick65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-06 4:00 pm   Permalink

Don't forget Arthur Lyman.

View Profile of modchick65 Send a personal message to modchick65  Goto the website of modchick65     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation