FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NIxxon Addicted...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
NIxxon Addicted...
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-17 06:45 am   Permalink

Thanks for the comps guys! Always appreciated and always motivating to do more...

And thanks for the new link...Ive been thinking about getting something like that for a while...I made a couple saw horses that I'm using now and they work pretty good but for the bigger logs its a little difficult...how big a log can you put on one of those?

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 08:30 am   Permalink

mine will hold like 450 lbs. the heavier duty one holds 550.

so maybe not as helpful for huge jobs, but works for 90% of the stuff I do.

I've seen some pics around here where some guys have bolted on some casters (wheels) sticking up from the table so they cradle the log. I think I may do that to mine here soon...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-09-18 4:13 pm   Permalink

i love this one keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 05:36 am   Permalink

Well thank you very much! Your work has been a great inspiration to me from day one. Ill try to keep it up

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 09:02 am   Permalink

I pimped my work station by using 4 skate board trucks/wheels sets. Once a large log is on them, it rolls with ease. Best use of a $12 skateboard ever!

Mc

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 09:34 am   Permalink

LOL that's a great idea!

NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-23 09:40 am   Permalink

Well my camera charger decided to hide from me so I had to use my phone for this pic...

Couple of little guys I did over the past week. I'm going to be doing a small art show at the beginning of OCT so I'm trying to kick out a few different styles/colors to display so everything doesn't look the same...As you can see i tried leaving some of the bark on and working it into the design...

Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 04:54 am   Permalink

Don't forget !
You get extra credit for knocking a hole through it.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 06:43 am   Permalink

Nice use of the natural exterior. I do that a lot.

It adds something in my opinion. I usually try to leave a little bit of it somewhere.

Nice work!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 3:57 pm   Permalink

Lol yea I don't do it out of sheer laziness, I need to find an efficient and clean way of doing it then they would all have hollow mouths I thought about using a boring drill bit but can only find them so big and its nowhere near the size of some of the mouths...any ideas?

Thx PJC. Yea I wanted to try something new and I thought it turned out pretty cool...I feel like my forward progression has halted just a bit as far as new and creative ideas but I think I just need to do more planning for each piece and really think about what I'm gona carve before hand...anyway, Thanks for looking, the comps and thanks for the friendly advice!

Happy Carving!

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-25 07:06 am   Permalink

I'll get over there fairly soon and we'll go have a surf with Andy and maybe do a little hammering after...

Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-25 7:19 pm   Permalink

Kool stuff!Dig the effect with the bark,I've got a big peice of fan palm
which has a great texture to it that I was going to work into the design also.
Keep em com'n!Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 3:00 pm   Permalink

That sounds great Jeff, the swell from ophelia is kickin today and tomorrow, 3-4 ft @12 sec. Im headin out early 2mrw am. Looks like we may get a few more storms out of the season so hopefully we continue with the swells

Thanks wantango, Yea i really like the look with some of the natural bark on it...probably gona do some more like that.

Thanks for looking!

NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-12 3:45 pm   Permalink

This was at one time a full bodied TIKI. Unfortunately I cut a little too thin around the legs and it broke in half So I ended up turning it into this...

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-12 7:02 pm   Permalink

I've learned that one the hard way as well!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation