FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Change the Date: Tiki Mag Spring '11 Release Party April 10th at Bahooka
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Change the Date: Tiki Mag Spring '11 Release Party April 10th at Bahooka
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 8:10 pm   Permalink

Lot's of fun! Sven, congrats on a the milestone and the great Moritz Tiki Farm Mug and also to Nick on the new Tiki mag! The drink was awesome, the sounds were great and times were good!

Big Bro at work...

Holden with a moment to relax...

It's all about the mug!

[ This Message was edited by: A frame 2011-04-12 19:07 ]

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-12 12:05 am   Permalink

OK, here's two-tons of photo fun...

Uh, that would be the "Featured Carver" (he also does a ton of other cool stuff too) of Vol. 7 Issue 1 of Tiki Magazine.

"Hey Brent, look at Scott's cool jacket over there."

"Hey Krisdrama, you like my cool new jacket?"

"Hey Scott, that's a pretty cool jacket."

"This thing isn't reflecting, is it?"

"No reflecting over here."

"Apparently Dave only has three fingers on his right hand."

"It's actually a mug."

"Oh Eric that's so funny!"

"Oh my, Christian is almost smiling!"

"What the Hell am I going to write on this for Tom?"

"Thank the Gods you're here!"

Hula Goods!

"Hey Gus, it looks like Sherri's makin' Misha sniff her sleeve."

"Sherri, keep that scented sleeve away from me!"

"Ooh, fragrant!"

"Hey, what's over here?"

"It's Al, he's so crazy!"

"...and thank you everyone for being here tonight."
Oh yeah...sorry Tonga Tom, for not crediting your photo in the new issue of Tiki Magazine, I blame it on the Photo Editor. Don't worry, Holden will hook you up with some mugs."

"We love the Hula Girls"

Apologies to the men, for cutting the girls out of this photo

Oh, wait a minute, here ya go...

Trouble in the parking lot...

We actually had a few more people at this table.

"Kelly, these drinks are delicious!"

Just in case anyone forgot what Sven's first mug looks like...

"Jeremy, you're so silly."

"So let me get this right, you didn't give Tom credit for his photo in the new issue of Tiki Magazine?"
"Yeah, that guy sucks."

The Hula Girls 3rd set...They just keep giving and giving!

The lovely ladies

...and, more lovely ladies

Insert whistle sound effect here

"What's everyone lookin' at?

"Oh, so that's what everyone was looking at."

Always a head above the rest.

Except for Erik Link that is...Hangin' in the creepy loner corner by the bar

"Hey GROG, you're creepin' me out."

"Hey Kelly, GROG's creepin' me out."

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-12 12:26 am   Permalink

Hey, I forgot one...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 05:28 am   Permalink

Congrats Sven and Kirby! Sorry we had to miss out on this, looks like it was a swell time, unfortunately worked until late on Sunday. Will there be more of the mug available later?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 07:05 am   Permalink

Mais oui, bien sur, mon ami! Cass, that mug is a Tiki Farm open run, so I expect it it to be on the WACKO shelves soon.

And for all of Tiki Europe, Lurker ordered a bunch so they will be available at Klang und Kleid under
http://www.alohawaii.de/

Tom D, you are one prolific shooter! Thanks for all the work of posting all these. Special thanks for the Bahooka mug product shot! And that kissing Big Al photo: Man, I forgot that the Mafia doesn't do that in public anymore (so the FBI can't "make" us)!

And then THIS is my all time fave shot to portray the Bahooka experience:

They should put that on their web site (WITH your credit, of course!)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 07:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-12 07:05, bigbrotiki wrote:
Mais oui, bien sur, mon ami! Cass, that mug is a Tiki Farm open run, so I expect it it to be on the WACKO shelves soon.

And for all of Tiki Europe, Lurker ordered a bunch so they will be available at Klang und Kleid under http://www.alohawaii.de/

Tom D, you are one prolific shooter! Thanks for all the work of posting all these. Special thanks for the Bahooka mug product shot! And that kissing Big Al photo: Man, I forgot that the Mafia doesn't do that in public anymore (so the FBI can't "make" us)!

And then THIS is my all time fave shot to portray the Bahooka experience:

They should put that on their web site (WITH your credit, of course!)

Or, if you ever do a book of MODERN Tiki (documenting the current neo-tiki scene) that would be a GREAT picture!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 08:04 am   Permalink

You know, there is ten years of great photos and even more amazing art out there that would make such a fat, rich and colorful book! Find me a good, commercial art book publisher, and I'll do it!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-12 08:35 am   Permalink

Tonga Tom, thank you for all the terrific photos. We miss so much fun living up in northern California. The photos really help bring it here. I can see so many friends having a good time that it makes me smile. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 09:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-12 08:04, bigbrotiki wrote:
You know, there is ten years of great photos and even more amazing art out there that would make such a fat, rich and colorful book! Find me a good, commercial art book publisher, and I'll do it!

Totally!

What would be cool would be some side-by-side pictures....old Vs. new...like the Luau pictures in BOT right next to one of these pictures of the modern day counterparts engaging in the same activities, only 40-50 years later!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 12:29 pm   Permalink

Looks like a blast. Congrats Tiki Mag! Sorry we missed it.
Great shots Tom! Sven, your mug turned out amazing. Can,t wait to get my paws on
one or two or three! A must have indeed! Hope to have Kelly recreate said
drink for it too!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 3:19 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 3:55 pm   Permalink

OOOOOOOOH, I can't wait to get my mug!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-12 6:30 pm   Permalink

Hey, i found a picture of me on here! I had a great time and it was awesome to see everyone again. Plus, it made me really pumped for oasis!

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Ginger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-14 01:12 am   Permalink

What a fun event! ATP and I had a great time exploring the Bahooka, shopping in the vending area, grooving to Big Tiki Dude's discs, and dancing to the Hula Girls. We enjoyed hanging with some our favorite people in a tropi-nautical wonderland, and topped it off with pancakes at the IHOP with Doug Horne and Grog. Congratulations to Sven and Tiki Farm on a successful mug launch, and kudos to Tiki Magazine on the new issue. Thanks to Kelly for the Tiki Revivers – you brought big smiles to everyone’s mugs!

Grog dropping ancient caveman knowledge on Sabu

Most of the Ding Dong Devils.

Love that purple shirt Manuel!

Marie and JohnPaul looking regal

Agent #6 suspects Agent #33-1/3 of misleading him about the Mai Tais....

Spike and the boys

Judy and the newest Hula Girl

Dinah the fembot at the exact moment her sleeper program activated

John-O trying to unsuccessfully yank ATP's chain

Grog say OK!

Eric got his new mug

Crazy Al in stealth photography mode

The Dude Abides...the Big Tiki Dude

Doug Horne sans ascot

ATP contemplating the exotic taste of his cherry Maalox with rum cocktail/Grenade

Watch out! Lightning Dispersal at the Bahooka!

View Profile of Jungle Ginger Send a personal message to Jungle Ginger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-23 8:04 pm   Permalink

Well, thanks to my buddy JOHN-O, I received my BOT mug 4 days after the event, personally autographed by Sven. Thanks a lot guys!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation