[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Finding Nemo
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Finding Nemo
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-24 10:08 pm   Permalink

Pixar is at it again. More Tiki goodness in the Finding Nemo toys. I'll find out next weekend how much made it into the movie...

Check out the puffer fish

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-29 1:18 pm   Permalink

I caught the 60 Minutes segment on Pixar and "Nemo" last night. The one animator has a great Tiki office/workspace. I think his name is Mark, but that's all I remember hearing. Dan Rather at Pixar, not unlike Elvis meeting Tricky Dick...they just don't mix well.

Not sure if he is a member here. He should be. His workspace looked amazing.

midnite...will have to go see "Finding Nemo".

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-29 4:26 pm   Permalink

That's probably Mark Adams, he is a great animator, has co-written books on Maya. I can't find any references to him and Tiki, but who knows, he may already be lurking or a member?...

em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 09:06 am   Permalink

I saw the 60 Minutes piece on Pixar. The one main animator Dan was talking too had a great Hawaiian shirt. Both my wife and I immediately thought "Shag" when we saw it.
I'm sure it wasn't though, because it has some strongly contrasting color blocks, one of which had a clownfish on it. Shag seems to like to to stick to a contigous palate, at least for the clothing he's done.

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-30 10:40 am   Permalink

As Papa Bong of 2 daughters, the only movies I ever see are Disney-types. We'll be hitting the seats, pockets stuffed full of treats (not that treat Baxdog), ready to watch 30 minutes of trailers then the movie!

(P.S. if a 'trailer' is before the movie, is it more properly called a 'pushcart'?)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 10:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-30 10:40, Tiki_Bong wrote:
(P.S. if a 'trailer' is before the movie, is it more properly called a 'pushcart'?)

from some of them that i've seen lately, i'd say a pushcart full of manure.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 12:07 pm   Permalink

The one main animator Dan was talking too had a great Hawaiian shirt.

The shirt-wearing Pixar dude was Andrew Stanton, the director and head dude at Pixar. Mark Adams IS the animator I mentioned before, and I am going to contact him about Tiki Central.

The shirt is made by Reyne Spooner:

Pretty nice, but $77 at the first site I found it available, yikes! Then again it will around $9 to see the movie here in SF. Shirt is nice, I may have to get one...when it gets to eBay in a few weeks.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 2:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-30 12:07, midnite_tiki wrote:
Pretty nice, but $77 at the first site I found it available, yikes!

That's the retail price for most of the Reyn Spooner shirts I've seen, but you can sometimes find them on sale for much less.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 3:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-30 12:07, midnite_tiki wrote:
[i]
Mark Adams IS the animator I mentioned before, and I am going to contact him about Tiki Central.

The shirt is made by Reyne Spooner

Way cool, I hope you can bring him on board midnite! Yeah, those Reyns aren't cheap, are they? That's why I was so stunned when my bro-in-law in San diego sent me one of their "Voodoo Mugs" shirts, supposedly destined for re-release. this one rocks too!

em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 4:10 pm   Permalink

I'd heard from a couple friends at Pixar that John Lasseter wears only Reyn Spooner shirts. Could be true as I've never seen him not wear an aloha shirt. He had them custom made by RS for the crews of the Toy Story movies. Some might remember seeing my retro-y Buzz Lightyear aloha shirt at the Oasis. Those TS shirts weren't commercially available like these new Nemo ones are. That Nemo one is pretty dang cool.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki D
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-30 9:37 pm   Permalink

hey guys-
just saw the movie and there are some Tiki aquarium decorations in a few scenes. nothing major but definitely cool to get some exposure in a big movie.

View Profile of Tiki D Send a personal message to Tiki D      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-30 11:30 pm   Permalink

Pixar that John Lasseter wears only Reyn Spooner shirts

midnite error:

I mistakenly identified Lassiter as A. Stanton. That was Lassiter, the real genius behind Pixar on 60 minutes. He with the Aloha shirts, GI Joes, and Hot Wheels collection.

My bad. Still gonna see if Adams has heard of TC. I mean this place is huge, right? It's huge, Tiki central is huge. Big, like gets into the Viper Club huge.

Hope to see "Nemo" soon...the press sure is positive. Maybe a chance for Ellen D to finally be funny?

midnite

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-31 04:38 am   Permalink

Thanks for finding info on the shirt. Disney channel's got the writer of Nemo talking to some kids about the movie wearing the shirt and I was wondering about it. Wonder no more. Tiki struck me as kinda Bosko

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzywong
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-31 1:11 pm   Permalink

Finding Nemo is an excellent movie! My 5 year old son and I enjoyed it very much. It definitely appeals to all ages.

Ellen Degeneres did a very good job. Quite funny.......Also, I sometimes think of the person (actor) when they do a voice in animation, and that wasn't the case in this movie.

PS: There are 2 tiki statues in the fish tank, that appear in a brief "ritual" scene. Also an A frame bamboo hut. To be specific, they are also seen again in the credits, which you should stay for....

View Profile of suzywong Send a personal message to suzywong  Email suzywong     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-05-31 1:44 pm   Permalink

I think there's 3 tikis (or is it 2 tikis and the volcano?), the one on the right of the screen looked faintly like Shecky to me (angled eyes, full-toothed grin)

~hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation