FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Finding Nemo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Finding Nemo
suzywong
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-31 2:18 pm   Permalink

It looked like 2 tiki's. The 3rd was debatable, don't you think? I wasn't sure what to classify it as, a tiki wannabe?.....

A wee bit of a macabre opening sequence, but that's Disney for ya........

View Profile of suzywong Send a personal message to suzywong  Email suzywong     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-31 9:55 pm   Permalink

I just came back from my self-caffeination mission at Borders, where I thumbed through the Finding Nemo "Art Of" book. I'm a big fan of these types of books anyway, but there are 2 or 3 spreads with concept art of the tikis, at least one piece of which I'd hang on my wall. Cool stuff.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-06-03 06:10 am   Permalink

Wasn't the volcano called "Wanna-hock-a-lugi"? (Someone better grab that name before it goes!!!)

View Profile of Tikitack Send a personal message to Tikitack  Email Tikitack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rattiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-03 2:18 pm   Permalink

Saw this last night and almost pissed myself laughing it was so funny! I was also happy to see they were unabashed about it being set in OZ (Australia to us Yanks), since I spent several years there. Big hoot if you are a Disney fan, love the sea and of course the tiki ritual with the fish wearing palm frond looking sea plants and Defoe as the MC is riot!

Fair dinkem, 12 step-er, 'Fisheaters Amonomous', ocker Aussie sharks, got to love it!

View Profile of Rattiki Send a personal message to Rattiki  Email Rattiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 3:32 pm   Permalink

I still haven't seen this movie myself, but my daughter Olivia and my mom saw it and said it was very funny.

I stopped by McDonald's today for something to drink and saw they had a Nemo display, which is part of the Happy Meal toys for kids, and there it was....a puffer fish named Bloat. I thought that for 99 cents, without the Happy Meal, I could have my tiki-related thrill for the day so I bought one.

So I get home, open the package, and I figured that the designers from Disney/Pixar must have visited a tiki bar because I found that the Puffer can do this:

I thought it was pretty cool! You can keep him lit in your bar area by resting him on a quarter. There are 2 contact points that must be touched at the same time to keep it constantly on. You can even get it to do a blinking on/off sequence. There are 4 screws that hold the front and back of the puffer together, so you can change the battery after the juice runs out.

Just thought I'd share.

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ This Message was edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-06-06 21:41 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 4:41 pm   Permalink

Nice!! I'm of to Mc D's...
Oh, and SCD, go see the movie, it's a lot of fun and a bit of a tear jerker.

Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzywong
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 6:35 pm   Permalink

As the mommy of a Finding Nemo fanatic,

BLOAT is the name of the puffer fish.

One (free) with every purchase of a Happy Meal.

View Profile of suzywong Send a personal message to suzywong  Email suzywong     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 11:55 pm   Permalink

I asked for it specifically and the clerk was so happy to get a customer that wanted it, that's all they had.

What a cool little centerpiece. I thought it would be golf ball sized, it's a bit bigger than a baseball.

McDonald's Happy Meal Page

[ This Message was edited by: Cultjam on 2003-06-06 00:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cultjam on 2003-06-06 00:01 ]

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-06-06 07:59 am   Permalink

Well, being the king of the dipshits, I went to five McDonalds yesterday looking for it. Guess it hasn't made it to no. cal yet. It's too cool- gotta get one.

At least I didn't eat at five McDonalds yesterday. Not even one. But it was hard...sweet, sweet cheeseburger....

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 4:48 pm   Permalink

None at my local McD's in North Vancouver either. I bit my tongue hard to keep from making a spectacle of myself in front of all the nice families by screaming "Why are they in the f******g display case if you don't have any???"

Life is hard, eh?

, em.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 5:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Well, being the king of the dipshits

My liege!

Now I will recite the chant of joy!

OWA - TANA - SIAM!

Say it out loud kids!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 4:02 pm   Permalink

Actual discussion with McDonald's employee today:
"Which Nemo toy do you have?"
(Indicating display)"We have the fish."
<<moment of bemused silence>>
"Really? You have THE fish? ...Which fish would that be?"
"The green one, the turtle."

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 9:50 pm   Permalink

We saw the movie last week and I was very impressed with the animation and story line. And the tiki inclusions were great.

And this next thing is off tiki-topic: Did anyone else notice that when Nemo is taken that the fishes comment on how it must be fishermen that took the fish. (Ok I can live with the fish having fishermen as an arch nemisis - makes sense). But after that one fish says, "I bet they are Americans!"

I have asked a few other that saw the movie what they thought about the film. All liked it but commented, "what was that part about them being Americans?"

Just curious to anyone's comments about that.

Thanks,

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-09 10:00 pm   Permalink

Cool flick!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 2:43 pm   Permalink

Got my Bloat! No, not my monthly bloat, but BLOAT THE PUFFER (and one for my bro natch).

yay,
emspace.

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation