Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Sheetmetal Tiki
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Sheetmetal Tiki
pacificustoms

Posted: 2011-03-08 5:12 pm   Permalink

I build hot rods and custom cars for a living and love tiki's and tiki style stuff. I built this all out of sheetmetal, now just have to decide what to finish it off with as far as paint or anything.

View Profile of pacificustoms Send a personal message to pacificustoms  Email pacificustoms Goto the website of pacificustoms     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-08 5:35 pm   Permalink

I like it as is, don't paint it. Is it steel or aluminum? If it is steel let it rust. If it is aluminum anodize it.
I still like it as is.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-08 5:39 pm   Permalink

I agree, a nice aged patina would look cool. Nice work

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-08 5:43 pm   Permalink

The tiki's cool, and let it rust, but nevermind that. I looked at your homepage and WHOA! In-SANELY beautiful cars!!! Is it your shop??? Don't quit your day job!

Oh, and welcome!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-08 6:51 pm   Permalink

I say leave as is. Love it and welcome

Sidenote..I see you are in Napa Valley. Have you ever worked on any of Rob Struven's cars by chance? He runs Garage Ink up there and has some beautiful customs. You may know of each other at least.

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2011-03-08 18:55 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pacificustoms

Posted: 2011-03-08 6:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments!

I think I'm going to leave it and see what happens. It's almost all steel, the teeth are aluminum to where they wont rust so there will always be a contrast, and the rings are stainless.

I'm working on another one now, hopefully I can finish it this weekend.

Yes, it's my shop we build the cars at. Thanks for the compliments on our work, we do our best!

Here's my personal car, kind of tiki (or beach rather) related...

View Profile of pacificustoms Send a personal message to pacificustoms  Email pacificustoms Goto the website of pacificustoms     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pacificustoms

Posted: 2011-03-08 8:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-08 18:51, leleliz wrote:
I say leave as is. Love it and welcome

Sidenote..I see you are in Napa Valley. Have you ever worked on any of Rob Struven's cars by chance? He runs Garage Ink up there and has some beautiful customs. You may know of each other at least.

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2011-03-08 18:55 ]

I've known Rob for quite a few years now, never have worked on any of his cars though. Donavan (one of the artists at his shop) did a lot of paint work on the interior of one of our projects though. Are you from Napa?

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-08 9:16 pm   Permalink

No I am not from Napa but know both Donovan and Rob. In fact I will be seeing Donovan this weekend in Reno at the Lady Luck tattoo show. Rob and I have been friends for a few years - meeting him originally through my tattoo artist - and then just hanging out at shows and at the shop.

Napa is pretty small so as soon as I saw your site I figured you all were friends

Look forward to seeing more of your work. Always nice to mix up the material and throw in some metal work on this site.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconuttzo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-09 4:25 pm   Permalink

Cold hearted steel! That's Killer! Would make for a perfect hood ornament!

I'd kill to see you fabricate a tiki grill for that fine looking car of yours.

[ This Message was edited by: coconuttzo 2011-03-09 16:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: coconuttzo 2011-03-09 16:30 ]

View Profile of coconuttzo Send a personal message to coconuttzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-09 6:53 pm   Permalink

Awesome work. I agree, leave it as is.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Russ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-10 06:51 am   Permalink

That'll be some sweet contrast for sure when it rusts out.

View Profile of Tiki Russ Send a personal message to Tiki Russ  Goto the website of Tiki Russ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2011-03-10 12:39 pm   Permalink

Love it Love it Love it!!! I agree, leave it like it is...GREAT JOB. Checked out your site, awesome rods. Welcome to TC.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-10 1:11 pm   Permalink

nice ford...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 06:41 am   Permalink

HéHé! Nice Tiki! Nice job of bending, very clean work. I also agree with Mr Noname, don't paint it.

Welcome on TC!

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pacificustoms

Posted: 2011-03-14 12:41 pm   Permalink

Built another one this last weekend. This one I think is going to be my own... Added a bit of fire to the top of it also!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation