advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery DntPnc's tiki work
DntPnc's tiki work
DntPnc

Posted: 2011-03-11 12:06 am   Permalink

This is my first try at any tiki art whatsoever, so I am just looking for some critiques. Feel free to be harsh, I want to get better.

[ This Message was edited by: dntpnc 2011-06-14 12:50 ]

View Profile of DntPnc Send a personal message to DntPnc  Email DntPnc Goto the website of DntPnc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-11 02:36 am   Permalink

I think you're doing a great job! I really like that you've chosen to use, in this case, different shades of red. I find it artistic and you don't overdo the motifs.

Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of always on the beach Send a personal message to always on the beach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-11 06:39 am   Permalink

very cool! well done for a first try, or any try for that matter.

what did you use for this?

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DntPnc

Posted: 2011-03-11 10:26 am   Permalink

Thanks for comments.

I am using Inkscape. Its a free vector based program for mac. I am thinking about converting them to stencils and transfering them to some other medium

View Profile of DntPnc Send a personal message to DntPnc  Email DntPnc Goto the website of DntPnc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-12 09:36 am   Permalink

Welcome, it will be fun to watch you add to your thread of art. I like what you have done. I like that they are serious tikis, cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 5:20 pm   Permalink

Those would look really cool silkscreened onto a shirt.

Or as the basis for some custom fabric like spoonflower makes.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 11:53 pm   Permalink

Very nice!!!

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DntPnc

Posted: 2011-06-13 10:25 pm   Permalink

I finally got around to doing another:

Back when I was in high school I was in a ukulele ensemble, and recently the director asked me to do some posters, so I though I would surprise them with a tiki.
I like the eyes better than the ones I did before, but I have yet to come up with a chin I like. Any critique would be greatly appreciated.

I think the next one I end up doing will be a hot rod style, mostly red and black and incorporating the vw logo. Its a surprise for when my dad's beetle is done. It was originally sold in Hawaii now in so cal, so it is only fitting.

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-18 4:32 pm   Permalink

I agree with chip and andy- These would look great screen printed also. Nice work and the chins are fine.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DntPnc

Posted: 2011-06-21 02:07 am   Permalink

I am really proud of this one. SO proud, that tomorrow, it is being made into stickers, and put on MY beetle. I am not normally this proud of my work, but this one I am.

It took a couple false starts, and I intended to use a different font, but I love the way it turned out.
"Sorry 'Bout That" is from the Inch Pincher, A famous factory drag car for empi, back in the 60's:

Because if you pass a muscle car in a beetle, you should at least be apologetic.

As always, I am open to any criticisms.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation