FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Carvings from Frog Island Tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Carvings from Frog Island Tikis
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-08 08:00 am   Permalink

Four more days. See you soon, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-08 5:57 pm   Permalink

They just seem to keep getting better, and better...and better...

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-08 6:34 pm   Permalink

Love that fish Cy, looks like he has a Mohawk and attitude to spare.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-08 7:45 pm   Permalink

Will, you hit the nail on the head, I actually feel bad about separating these two unfortunate siblings but we all must eventually fly the coop and adjust. Thanks Atomic, I'm happy to see you back and carving cool stuff again. I have been putting things together for the Tiki Kon event Wendy, just a few more details to complete. The best of compliments amate, I always think my best one will be my next. MadDog my first and obvious choice would have been a shark, but decided to try and make one bad-assed fourspot butterfly fish instead.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 09:18 am   Permalink

CY- looking good brother

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-28 2:32 pm   Permalink

Always appreciate the kind thoughts H10. The last two weekends were spent a sellin' as I attended Tiki Kon in Vancouver USA, just across the I5 bridge from me and then the local Gresham Artwalk which is not tiki but still a hoot.
Tiki Kon is the first event I have done indoors but having electricity was cool. I did very well and enjoyed meeting smooth tiki artists Bosco and Big Toe.

I did better than expected at the Gresham, Oregon event last week and hed fun with the mixed crowd.

I took some casualties at the Gresham event when I clipped "Lucy" with my umbrella while setting up. She will begin life as a new piece soon.

I completed "Margie" to travel with me to Tiki Oasis next month.

Also will complete Makemake before the road trip to San Diego.

I will add green highlights here and there to compliment Tiki Skips float and be done.

[ This Message was edited by: cy 2013-07-28 14:49 ]

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-28 3:12 pm   Permalink

dude, you have given me a great idea with those tiki-skip lights...

bummer about Lucy... looks like you had some time into her...

very cool stuff as always Cy... and as always, WAY outside the box.

like, nowhere NEAR the box... lol...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-29 04:24 am   Permalink

Cy,
You must be doing something illegal or immoral.
You're having too much fun.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-29 11:03 pm   Permalink

CY-berdyne terminator
U da man
Eerrrr uhhhhh machine

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2013-07-29 23:04 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 01:41 am   Permalink

Great stuff Cy! Sorry to hear about Lucy... can't you just glue her back together? I really like the MakeMake one.

And Hang10... too funny! I guess he is the Tikinator.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 10:37 am   Permalink

Thanks Jeff, when I did the Tiki Kon event and was supplied with electricity I realized how many carvings I had that are lit up and ran out of plugs on my power strip. So many people commented on the lights that I would recommend you try some and see what happens. Will, nothing immoral going on and one of my bad habits is legal in Washington state so that is close enough for me. I do have fun carving like most of us do. Nice production value Jon, how do you find that stuff? Jesse, Lucy shattered in many pieces, some small and I did not think I could glue and dowel it back together and still have it strong enough to sell in good conscience. I am going to cut her at the waist and have her popping out the top of another piece. Maybe it will turn out better?

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-30 11:07 am   Permalink

Lots of cool stuff Cy, love the Makemake. Looking forward to seeing you at OASIS!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-30 12:12 pm   Permalink

Hey Cy Makemake looks great!
As do the others!
Have a great summer.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸TIKISKIP "Go to the light"¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 3:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks MadDog for always weighing in with positive comments and will be seeing you shortly for the Oasis event. Gracias TS, I am enjoying my summer to it's maximum potential. Makemake is donedone (almostalmost.)

I thought that just a plain green light bulb in the top section would be fine but it looked too plain. When I brought it to Tiki Kon as an unfinished project I noticed how many people looked inside the top and decided that this portion needed to be better finished. A distress call to TikiSkip for another green float was answered and I should have it in time for Tiki Oasis.

I used my wife's kiln to make a glass eye for the fish.

Me and my van will be loaded on Tuesday and will be heading out Wednesday for San Diego. My goal is to visit a pal of mine in Huntington Beach area mid day on Thursday as well as Bamboo Ben's hut and then be at the Bali Hai for the Creepxotica show at 9.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 4:32 pm   Permalink

CY kickin ars as always...

Jon

Ps-
C u soon brother

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation