FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-17 12:22 pm   Permalink

Got my swap the other day and just posting now. (It's been one of THOSE weeks, I seem to have a lot of 'em.)

It's a box full o'fantastic!

Fogcutter bamboo mug, Kona Kai matches, Hukelani button. Location, Location, Location!
Some swizzles and art on the wrap that didn't make it into the pic. But the piece de resistance is the Modern Bob art! On black velvet!

I'm a new convert to the Cult of Bob, having only recently realized that he symbolizes everything I like about tiki.

Mahalos gabbahey!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-17 8:40 pm   Permalink

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,
gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 01:10 am   Permalink

Aloha all,
Received my swap from Pikeys Dog,
a Box full of cool Stuff !

-a Frankie's Tiki Mug,
-a very cool Moku HeiHei Ashtray / Seashell made by Pikeys Dog,
-Devils Reef Coaster and Postcard,
-"New Old Stock" Beachcomber Swizzles, Picks and Matches,
-a Coconut Candle,
-Postcards, Stirrers, Swizzles and Union Jack Picks.

- MANY THANKS JOE -

Cheers and Mahalo from Switzerland,

Rene / HelveTiki

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 06:27 am   Permalink

Thank you ZeroTiki! I got my swap while packing for a week at the beach and didn't get to post my pictures. Loved the decorated box and all that good stuff. Pictures in about a week. Thanks again!

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 09:50 am   Permalink

Received great box from TIKIPOPS. Lots of goodies and two mugs..neither of which I own. A Tommy Bahama Rum mug and a Moose McGillicuddy's mug (nee Libbey?) from Maui. Thanks

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 12:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-16 12:47, catmomma wrote:
i just got a lovely package of goodies from Naneki.
I have to say the totally highlight of this box was the fork and spoon. I have 2 sets of the giant ones and I love them to death. Never seen small ones and I will use these for serving at my next "Holiday Hukilau" party :)

thanks SO much for the goodies Nancy, they all have a happy new home in my funky tiki house

Glad you like the goodies (and to think I almost left out the "hokie" spoon & fork). If you come up with a good recipe for the ginger liqueur, please share it with me.

Nancy

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 12:40 pm   Permalink

Isle of Tiki:

I safely received your box o' goodies and will post pictures soon. Thank you very much.

I love the mug. I don't have anything remotely similar to it. And it's just a perfect example of a tiki mug.

I loved the coasters, match books, cards and swizzles as well.

Thanks again.

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2011-04-20 12:50 ]

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 9:36 pm   Permalink

Ukutiki,

I'm glad you liked all of the goodies & the mugs were ones you didn't have.

Mike

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 9:57 pm   Permalink

I received a big package from Trutiki last week.

Included was vintage post cards, new art post cards, Ritualis CD, custom drinks cards, home made note cards with Trudy's own collection photos on the front, A framed tiki picture, Moai bottle opener , Mr. G TikiMaster Hot Wheel type car, glass tiki candle, tiki pill box, tiki rubber stamp, Kona Kai swizzle, & a very cool Kona Club mug.

Trudy, Thank you very much for this awesome package.
Mike

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 10:20 pm   Permalink

Can the week get any better? I get home on Sunday after attending the first ever Mojave Oasis event only to find a box on my door step from one of my favorite TC posters, Uncle Trav.

Inside the box was a bountiful Tiki bonanza.

A note card on Trav's homemade paper, a Trader Vic's Chinese Country Cooking menu and some swanky napkins (I could have used these for the Tent and Trailer Crawl!).

Next up the swizzles

Hawaiian Airlines Tiki pic, Holiday Inn Hawaii surfboard, very rare Maori Village in W. Palm Beach, a Kahala Hilton and a Kuhio Hotel (I only had the Hilton one in my collection).

Now on to the mug. My very first Mai Kai barrel mug, sweet!

An finally, one of Uncle Trav's custom, handmade, amazingly beautiful Tiki Huts!!

I was floored when I saw this in the box as I know how long it takes you to make these.

Uncle Trav, thank's so much, you went above and beyond the call of duty. Everything is awesome.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 01:18 am   Permalink

I got my box, chock full with Tiki Goodness!! Thanks Tikipug (Jason)

Where to start?? Cool matches from Kauai Beachboy Hotel,Hukilau 2003 & 2005, Castaways Hotel, Frankie's TikiRoom,9th Wave and Cormacs Bash III...Swizzles from Frankie's, Ohana Luau on the Lake, Skull with blue eyes, mermaid mug hanger and mini Devil with pitchfork...

A couple of Shag postcards, one from Forbidden Island and a couple of napkins...one from Trader Vic's and a Shag, Venus one also On to the Drinkware... One TikiFarm Shotglass and a killer flamed mug from TikiFarm aanndd a Rocks glass from Den of Sin...

But wait.... there's more...A tin of pineapple flavored cocktail candy, a nice t-shirt from Cruzan Rum and a Frankenstein card from VelvetGlass.

Thankyou for another sucessful Swap! Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 8:09 pm   Permalink

is beginning to wonder if her swap box was received. Hope it didn't get lost in the lovely postal service. I sent it off 2 weeks ago

[ This Message was edited by: catmomma 2011-04-19 20:09 ]

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 9:16 pm   Permalink

How did FenrixTiki know that I had just started watching Twin Peaks for the first time recently?

I was absolutely delighted to find my package of Aloha waiting for me today!
A plethora of ephemeric goodiness:

X-eyes, whose crisp lines sent him to my happy home:

And a headhunter from the Bookhouse Pub! So very cool!

Now I should call up Agent Cooper, and snack on some damn fine cherry pie..
(with a MaiTai to wash it down)

So very pleased! Many Mahalos to all involved!
~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2011-04-19 21:18 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 11:44 pm   Permalink

I am hoping everyone has shipped. If not please be sure to pm me if you are going to be late (which you are already if it aint in the mail!).

I havent gone back in the thread but if your name is on this list and you havent gotten your box yet expect it soon

These are all the names I have heard from as of today.

Trutiki
Gabbahey
Nanetiki
Lighting Steve
Tropical Icebergs

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2011-04-19 23:47 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 04:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-18 22:20, Dustycajun wrote:
Can the week get any better? I get home on Sunday after attending the first ever Mojave Oasis event only to find a box on my door step from one of my favorite TC posters, Uncle Trav.

DC, glad you enjoyed the trade. I had a bunch of fun putting together the box-o-stuff. Happy to hear that you didn't have some of the items in your collection already. Keep up the good work and enjoy. Looks like a great trade by all this go around.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation