FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Spring 2011 Mug Swap: Names Sent!...Mail Packages by April15!
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 4:42 pm   Permalink

Hello Fellow Swappers!

I received my first (of 2) mug trades today. This was from 8 Ft. Tiki, who sent me 2 great mugs, a wonderful photo of an 8 ft. tiki once in the Kona Kai (that apparently now lives in his very cool living room. In amongst the fun extras, was a hula girl, sent by his daughter to my daughters. Mahalo many times over!

dcman

View Profile of dcman Send a personal message to dcman  Goto the website of dcman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 10:54 am   Permalink

Pikeys Dog
Bongo Bungalow
House of Ku
Ukutiki
John the Mainlander
Tiki Atari

Boxes are on their way !

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-12 6:07 pm   Permalink

Psycho Tiki D yours is on its way

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-13 3:01 pm   Permalink

Another update:

Spy Tiki
Exquisite Corpse
Zerotiki
Catmomma
DustyCajun

your boxes have been shipped.

Don't forget we are shooting for the 15th to get things sent so lets get to steppin!

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-14 10:43 am   Permalink

Got a box of carefully wrapped booty from Closettiki today! Three mugs, each from a specific location- a bucket mug from the Stockton Islander, a short tiki mug from Whaler's and a Molokai Mule mug from the Sheraton! Wow, thanks Closettiki! (I truly only expect one mug.) Also included were a bunch of stirrers, a triple tiki resin, two Frankie's stickers, some plastic tiki shots, a Tiki Who mirror and a large Trader Vic's poster. I'm a lucky guy!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-14 7:01 pm   Permalink

Bongo Bungalow....glad you enjoyed your goodies.......if your gonna make it to Oasis, bring one.....
Ill fill it with an adult beverage............................

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-14 11:00 pm   Permalink

Yeah Bongo you should come to Oasis...get the hell out of Indiana

People dont forget tomorrow is the SHIP BY date! So get em out!

Boxes are on the way for :

Leleliz
SandraDee
Ka'lenatiki
Bongofury
8Ft Tiki
Slacks Ferret
TikiPug

Keep in mind..not everyone tells me they have sent so lets wait until 1 week after the swap by date before I start hounding people.

8Ft Tiki word is you are getting 1 dozen Harvey bucket mugs -- be excited!!

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2011-04-14 23:11 ]

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-14 11:27 pm   Permalink

Ukutiki got confirmation on yours as well

ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-15 06:44 am   Permalink

WOW! What a treasure chest full of...treasures: many swizzle sticks, a bottle of rum, postcards, a pin, creature pendant, tiki gear shift knob,a OMNI HUT menu and a shrunken head pendant. But the piece de resistance was a NIGHT ZOMBIE mug made by BLACK LAGOON'S go-with Kristina. It is one of the nicest under-stated mugs I have seen. Mahalo

ukutiki

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-15 10:58 am   Permalink

So glad you liked your box of goodies and your Mug.

Paul

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-15 1:28 pm   Permalink

Wow, what a great way to start the weekend. My generous trader was none other than bongofury and he treated me extremely well. I was going to try and get everything in one picture, but due to the volume of swag, it was not possible...

Rincon Room Adventures in Paradise flyer by Tiki Tony with a limited edition tiki necklace made by Polynesiac. Also a very cool blueprint copy of the Port of Seven Seas, Inc. Trade Winds Restaurant and a green Frankie's Tiki Room swizzle!

Postcard from Tiki Diablo, flyer card from DBTC, mini menu from Honolulu Harry's, mini photo postcard album from the Waikiki Hula Show(Mike Roberts photography) and a $3.00 bill from the Cook Islands.

"Deep Sea" crypto glass, drum mug from Lucky Pierre's, Waikiki, matchbook from The Beachcomber in Canada and a matchbook from the Luau Beverly Hills!

DVD of Adventures in Paradise (episode 9, season 2-December 5th, 1960), CD of "Music From The Rincon Room" and another cool DVD "Beach Ball". No need to rent any movies this weekend!

Mahalos Ron for everything, you outdid yourself! It's funny, when I am out tiki hunting and don't see any mugs, I always look at the glassware hoping to find one of the Deep Sea ones. Very cool, my friend!

Also, thank you to Sandra Dee (and leleliz) for putting another successful tiki mug swap together again. Maybe another one at the end of summer-The Endless Summer Tiki mug trade?

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-16 08:33 am   Permalink

Glad you liked the stuff we sent PTD. My box arrived yesterday from my friend to the North, Dustycajun and it was loaded with good stuff...

Zombie Village note card, DTB coaster and card for the Waitiki event, swizzles from The Kona Kai, Hawaiian Luau, and Tommy Wong's Islands

Mugs....the middle one I have owned twice and broke twice, part of one is decor in our pond. Nice to have a whole one again!

Some items from one of the kings of paper...matchcovers from Bali Hai, Mai Kai, DTB, and the Hawaiian Hut. Napkins From Trader Vics, Halakulani, and Port Of Call New Orleans.

Postcards from DTB, Mai Kai (2), and Bali Hai

Mahalo DC & SandraDee

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-16 12:47 pm   Permalink

i just got a lovely package of goodies from Naneki.

I have to say the totally highlight of this box was the fork and spoon. I have 2 sets of the giant ones and I love them to death. Never seen small ones and I will use these for serving at my next "Holiday Hukilau" party

thanks SO much for the goodies Nancy, they all have a happy new home in my funky tiki house

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dcman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-16 12:56 pm   Permalink

A big Mahalo to Loki-Tiki, who sent me some great Aloha from Sunny California to Upstate New York! Included in the mug trade was a fabulous Trader Vic's Voodoo Tumbler. The great extras included a new swizzle, some vintage Hawaiiana pieces, and a Shag CD case that will be the envy of the musicheads I spend a lot of time hanging with.

Cheers!

dcman

View Profile of dcman Send a personal message to dcman  Goto the website of dcman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-16 2:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-14 23:00, SandraDee wrote:

8Ft Tiki word is you are getting 1 dozen Harvey bucket mugs -- be excited!!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation