Joined: Mar 07, 2008
|Posted: 2011-03-17 06:30 am  Permalink|
Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: March 16, 2011
Appropriately for a Tiki lounge the theme of this week’s show which was broadcast the day before St. Patrick’s Day was drinking and alcoholical sprits of all sorts and styles. Because of technical glitch which ruined the sound of the first song, I ended it early and repeated it later after the seventh song on the list, just before my mid-show break.
I will be out next week, so the next show will be a repeat of an earlier broadcast. Be sure to listen to Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge next Wednesday, 5-6 P.M. Eastern Time, on Radio Fairfax, which can be heard on the Internet at: www.radiofairfax.org This show is only broadcast live; there are no recorded shows archived that you can listen to. However, some fans do record the show’s live broadcasts on their computers to listen to in the future.
1) “Drinking Song of Hawaii: Okole Maluna (Bottoms Up)” the 1935 song by Andy Iona & The Islanders From the CD: Hawaiians in Hollywood – Smooth, Sweet & Swinging – 1934-36 [By Harry Owens/Andy Iona on Lap Steel Guitar]
2) “So Is Your Old Lady,” the 1926 song by Honey Duke & His Uke From the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand [Johnny Marvin on Vocal]
3) “Blue Hawaii” From the collection: Taboo – The Greatest Hits of Arthur Lyman/The Sensual Sounds of Exotica, Recorded at the Henry J. Kaiser Aluminum Geodesic Dome, Honolulu
4) “Pagan Lust” by Don Tiki From their latest CD: South of the Boudoir
5) “Bachelor #1” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra Swingin’ From their CD: Sounds for the Jungle Jetset!
6) “Pearly Shells” From the collection: Don Ho’s Greatest Hits
7) “Sakau Bar” by Kava Kon From their CD: Departure Exotica
“I'm Nobody Today (But I Was Somebody Last Night)” by Mose Allison From his 1982 CD: Middle Class White Boy
9) “Cocktails for Two” by Keely Smith From the CD anthology: In the Mood for Love
10) “Hi-Di-Ho Romeo” From the CD Box Set: Cab Calloway & His Orchestra -- Volume 2 [1937-1938]
11) “You Go to My Head” the 1952 song by Billie Holiday & Her Orchestra From the CD Box Set: Lady Sings the Blues
12) “Singapore Sling” by Xavier Cugat and His Orchestra From the 1963 recording: Cugi’s Cocktails
13) “Tequila” Michel Camilo From his CD: Live at the Blue Note [Disc One] With Michel Camilo on Piano, Charles Flores on Bass and Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez on Drums
14) “Listen Here/Cold Duck Time” From the CD: Just Add Poncho Sanchez Instant Party, with Scott Martin on Tenor Sax