FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Tahitian Room, Richland, WA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Tahitian Room, Richland, WA (restaurant)
TikiTempus

Posted: 2012-08-23 11:02 pm   Permalink

Bigbrotiki, your theory is correct! Is the mug yours? How did you come upon it?

View Profile of TikiTempus Send a personal message to TikiTempus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 11:11 am   Permalink

An old friend gave it to me long ago, a thrift store find back from when one could find Tiki mugs in thrift stores here.
Who was "mille" ?

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-08-24 11:12 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTempus

Posted: 2012-08-26 9:23 pm   Permalink

Sorry, am too young to know the history of the T-Room mug, but do know that by the 90's there were only a few left in the Velvet Room.

View Profile of TikiTempus Send a personal message to TikiTempus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTempus

Posted: 2012-08-26 9:51 pm   Permalink

Tikicoma, found you the late 80's/early 90's version of the menu. T-Room menus and business cards were printed by Ernie's Printing (defunct) for years.

TikiTempus

Posted: 2012-08-26 10:17 pm   Permalink

Located Vina's original stationary letterhead. Dig the logo. My latest theory is the guy in the picture from my earlier post was George Sing and the woman his wife. From what I gather, Mr. Sing tragically took his life when his wife left him. This led Malvina Levinson to sell the business. I also do know that her husband Sol Levinson past away in the mid-70's.

tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-02-26 9:40 pm   Permalink

Got to ask, did anyone here win the matchbook from the Tahitian that sold on Ebay monday?

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-02 10:12 pm   Permalink

OK, no response, so this matchbook jacket sold a week ago for 51 bucks! I bid on it but it went for way more than I thought it would. I mean 51 bucks!? We've all seen this clip art hula dancer many times before in newspaper ads and other matchbooks. It is the only jacket I've ever seen from the Tahitian Room though.

It bummed me that I didn't get it so I went to ignored spot on Ebay and bought this for a fifth of what the matches cost (shipping was more though).

And BigBro the Mille on yours? It may be what looks like an accent over the "e" is an artistic "i".

p.s. TikiTempus thanks for posting the menu, it looks like pupu's and drinks would been worth a night out on one of my visits back. And doesn't the Vina's letterhead tiki look like a bomb to you?

aloha, tikicoma

[ This Message was edited by: tikicoma 2014-03-02 22:14 ]

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation