FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Hula Girls with The Knitters!! @ The Coachhouse May 14th, 2011
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Hula Girls with The Knitters!! @ The Coachhouse May 14th, 2011
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-16 09:45 am   Permalink

Great show guys! And I loved the new Hank Thompson cover (Whoa Sailor!), which fits into the Hula Girls theme (sailors in a polynesian bar) and also segued nicely with the Knitters (especially since they did their own Hank Thompson cover).

Can't wait to play with you guys at Tiki Caliete--and I won't have to wait long because it's this Friday!

Caltiki Brent

www.facebook.com/dingdongdevils

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dartin Menny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 07:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

Luckydesigns wrote:

My favorite part of the night was when Exene walked into our dressing room and was like, 'I'm gonna smoke some weed in here'. Anyone else and I woulda told them to beat it...but Exene?? Pretty legendary night...

lol! Just be glad I wasn't there earlier with her! Bummed I missed your set, but from the looks of how sweaty you guys were, looked like it was a good one!

My favorite part of the night: There was a full on White-Trash-Mom-Fight outside by the band load-in doors.

View Profile of Dartin Menny Send a personal message to Dartin Menny  Goto the website of Dartin Menny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 07:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-17 07:28, Dartin Menny wrote:
Quote:

Luckydesigns wrote:

My favorite part of the night was when Exene walked into our dressing room and was like, 'I'm gonna smoke some weed in here'. Anyone else and I woulda told them to beat it...but Exene?? Pretty legendary night...

lol! Just be glad I wasn't there earlier with her! Bummed I missed your set, but from the looks of how sweaty you guys were, looked like it was a good one!

My favorite part of the night: There was a full on White-Trash-Mom-Fight outside by the band load-in doors.

Dang! And I missed it? I so enjoy a good WTM fight!

And PS, the most sweaty one was Spike, right? (I never sweat)

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2011-05-17 07:34 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 08:59 am   Permalink

hahahaha i saw that fight too when i left...

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 09:26 am   Permalink

I wonder if that white trash mom was the same chick that came out to Christian after the show and kept telling him how amazing he was on 'the big bass'. I was waiting for her to ask him to get into our dressing room. Ha!

And yeah, I sweat like a bastard up there. I'm working for it!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 09:51 am   Permalink

Aw man, first Dr. Z, now Christian! These boyz aren't having a very good year so far!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 10:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-17 09:26, Luckydesigns wrote:
I wonder if that white trash mom was the same chick that came out to Christian after the show and kept telling him how amazing he was on 'the big bass'. I was waiting for her to ask him to get into our dressing room. Ha!

And yeah, I sweat like a bastard up there. I'm working for it!

Dang, I must've left before that happened! But it reminds me of when I saw Les Paul in New York 3-4 years ago, and his female upright bass player sang a jazz/blues song called "I Like Big Instruments." Maybe the white trash moms were fighting for the right to carry his big instrument to the car for him (along with his amp and other gear of course).

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-18 12:30 pm   Permalink

What about the Hula Girls at Tiki Caliente?

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-18 1:28 pm   Permalink

Hell yeah! Friday night at 8:00!! We're looking forward to it!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation