Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Don't post on any topic unless Fez is in the word
Don't post on any topic unless Fez is in the word
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 6:20 pm   Permalink

This may seem ridiculous, but perhaps given all of the Fez related topics, we should now have a separate area just for Fez discussion.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 6:28 pm   Permalink

it's not 4/1/11 yet.....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 7:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-28 18:20, telescopes wrote:
This may seem ridiculous, but perhaps given all of the Fez related topics, we should now have a separate area just for Fez discussion.

Not that ridiculous actually now that you bring it up.

Considering there is about 8 threads on the topic, and I could/should post this in everyone of them, now that i'm here I may as well say it here and now.

Living in Australia i'm not sure if we ever had or still might have, shriners. If we did have them in a similiar sort of era as in the U.S. it was before I was born. Although I probably would have seen images of them at some stage, besides the cover of the Dead Kennedys album "Frankenchrist", when I was about 12-13, I only really became exposed to them with some sort of regularity when I became immersed in Tiki and the Kustom Kulture scenes. I've always thought them to be quirky and a strange type of hat/headwear, but liked them for that very reason.

I only purchased one recently from Fez-O-Rama when we had 'Fez'bruary party here in our only Tiki bar in Melbourne. It was actually a great night with about 30 people there, of which maybe 20 wore a Fez. I'm pretty sure we'll do it again next year and I look forward to wearing my Fez again, although between now and then, it will most likely stay on display next to my Tiki mugs. There is only one place I could wear it ( a Kustom Kulture art gallery) where although I might get a few strange looks, people wouldn't care and i'm sure some would love it. If I wore it out on a night on the town, i'm sure it would get stolen or i'd be beaten up by some drunks.

Whether or not Fezzes actually truly belong in Tiki culture, doesn't interest me. I like them, as I like hotrods, and burlesque, and monster art AND Tiki and will wear mine proudly with an Aloha shirt and not care what anybody else thinks.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 8:22 pm   Permalink

Ugh....I think it might be time for me to get banned from TC.

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-03-28 20:22 ]

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 10:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-03-28 18:20, telescopes wrote:

Whether or not Fezzes actually truly belong in Tiki culture, doesn't interest me. I like them, as I like hotrods, and burlesque, and monster art AND Tiki and will wear mine proudly with an Aloha shirt and not care what anybody else thinks.

Hear ! Hear!
Do traditional fezzes belong in Tiki Culture? I say NO. Do I care if anyone wears a Fez at a Tiki event? No.
There is nothing TIKI about traditional fezzes that I find. But there are so many other accepted parts of the tiki scene that either aren't tiki or barely tiki that I enjoy and have no problem with. As long as it doesn't take away from tiki! Make sense??
Plus, if you put a tiki on a fez, it now is part of tiki culture! Shall we move on?
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-29 11:18 pm   Permalink

We can move on after you acknowledge that I wrote that, not telescopes.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-30 05:34 am   Permalink

mrsmiley in 2012!!!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-31 10:47 pm   Permalink

Why drinkers and fez wearers should NEVER mingle!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3lnJ0uvbSK8

Classic Velvets
by Song Shen

View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-01 12:01 am   Permalink

I concur! (with a fez topic epicenter, not with being leary of fez wearers while drinking)

[ This Message was edited by: ErkNoLikeFire 2011-04-01 00:04 ]

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-01 05:11 am   Permalink

All this fez crap should be moved to bilge... Unless it has a tiki on it, it has nothing to do with it and I wish whomever has hijacked this site with this crap would stop. The fez has as much relevance as say wooden clog shoes.. they would also belong in beyond tiki/bilge. Enough.

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation