FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island 5th Anniversary **PHOTOS**
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Forbidden Island 5th Anniversary **PHOTOS**
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-19 08:49 am   Permalink

Unga Bunga, that's photoshop cool.

The car is loaded and we are ready to take the Tiki Crates on their journey to Forbidden Island on Thursday the 21st. It's almost party time! See you there. Cheers, Wendy-danlovestikis

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 3:38 pm   Permalink

Congrats forbidden Island on your anniversary! Great job Wendy on the mugs, I wish I could go, have fun!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-19 4:31 pm   Permalink

Hi Amy, Thank you. I've been looking at all the photos of your Mohave event. I wish I could have been there. Congratulations on making so many people happy, cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-20 09:45 am   Permalink

Wendy! Those are great in-process pictures. I know that we all feel more appreciative of the work and aloha put into the statues and mugs after having seen what comprises their existance. I am a firm believer in taking pictures of my projects every step of the way. They may not be needed in the near future but one day someone might say, "...do you remember when you took that stubwhacken out of the frabubadore and replaced it with the smooches smack?...Do you have any pictures of that?"
Awesome work. I might be able to swing by on Thursday. That is tentative at this point.
Mahalos for that...

Congratulations Forbidden Island! I know holding something as special as a Tiki Lounge together is hard in today's economy. I am glad to hear that so many other folk are utilizing the unique experience you provide.

TS

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-04-20 09:48 ]

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-20 4:36 pm   Permalink

Tiki Slob, you are so right. My birthday is 8/8 and your post was number 8. I like to take photos and I like numbers. It would be great to meet you tomorrow or in the future. Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-22 2:23 pm   Permalink

Wow what a night. It was such a blast to be there for Forbidden Islands 5th anniversary party. Mike and his crew worked so hard to give us all a great time. I had fun meeting with everyone and seeing my art go off to new homes. MP did a crazy good black velvet painting that was raffled off. I was asked to pull the winning ticket, sad that it wasn't mine, happy it was Andy who won. Otto kept the music playing while Mike provided food and cake for free. Just a super fun time with the best group of people ever.

Selling the mugs and statues was an experiment in trust. We handed out mugs and said please charge them at the bar. The crowd was so huge that people disappeared as they left. Well at the end of the night every mug and statue was paid for. Tiki people rock I trusted you and no one let me down. Thank you all big time.

Now for the photos:

End of the night time to go home. Thank you Mike for allowing me to be part of your celebration. Wendy

I have statues left from the party for sale $80.
I have glaze tests and artist proofs in very different colors from the runs that are also $80 even though they may be 1/1's. I have a list of buyers started if you would like to be on that send me a PM.

Mike at Forbidden Island also has a few statues for sale.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-23 12:28 pm   Permalink

We are able to ship anywhere in the US and International for $13. If you would like a Tiki Crate Statue in the brown and firecracker red send me a PM.

$80 for the mug and $13 shipping = $93 total

I've not put this on Marketplace yet, Forbidden Island fans who check out these photos find this information first.

Cheers, Wendy - danlovestikis

VampiressRN

Posted: 2011-04-23 10:09 pm   Permalink

Wish I could have been there...looks like it was an awesome time for all. And Wendy....you are over the top girlfriend!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-25 8:31 pm   Permalink

Great nite it was! Wendy, Glad to finally get a chance to meet you and dan! For those who missed it, the painting was 10 times better than in the photos! was hoping on the winning ticket but oh well........

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 12:29 pm   Permalink

A HUGE Mahalo to everyone who attended our special day. At 1:15, we had the first folks in line and by opening, the line stretched to the end of the block! The turnout was tremendous, even exceeding our expectations. Above all, the party was a BLAST! Otto was inducted into FI's Kill Devil Hall-of-fame for the second time and earned himself a parking space! Throughout the night, he provided the perfect soundtrack for our celebration. The Forbidden Island staff cranked out cocktails by the dozen all night long. Wendy Cevola sold out of her terrific FI 5th Anniversary mugs within hours, plus we debuted the official 5th Anniversary bowl from Tiki Farm, which will be available 'till stock runs out. Mean Gene designed an anniversary glass for us, that we gave away with each Classic Mai Tai and Navy Grog. To my surprise, we blew through all 12 dozen in no time... And I thought I over ordered! LOL! Also, a huge shout out to our friend, the very talented MP, who painted an exquisite 5th anniversary velvet painting, during the event, which was then raffled off.

Again, thanks for making our special day so memorable! Here's to many more years! Long Live Forbidden Island!

The full pictorial can be viewed on our fb fan page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150173850775003.307253.66526350002

Here's some of my personal faves:

FI turns 5!

The incredible turnout

MP's awesome 5th Anniversary velvet. Congrats to Andie from St. George Spirits who won the raffle

The master at work

My incredible staff kept the cocktails flowing at an astounding pace. Cheers to you guys!

Mai Tai and Croe67 sipping on the "Makalani" - the official 5th anniversary cocktail served in Tiki Farm's Makalani bowl

Rum Runner proudly shows off Wendy's mug

DJ Otto

Rugby Matt and Suzanne share a moment

FI's first couple

The staff of St. George Spirits (the makers of Hanger One, St. George Absinthe etc) sharing a virgin sacrifice

Suzanne inducting Otto into the Kill Devil Club... for the SECOND TIME!

The Grand Prize!

Another plaque for Otto! Congrats pal!

[ This Message was edited by: Molokai Mike 2011-04-26 12:31 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-26 2:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Molokai Mike and danlovestikis for all the photos!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 3:13 pm   Permalink

LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TIME! Congrats FI on your anniversary! Congrats Otto.... !

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-26 5:59 pm   Permalink

WOW

http://cgi.ebay.com/Forbidden-island-tiki-mug-Cevola-Gecko-fat-lava-1-/270740146605?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f095ec9ad

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-27 5:53 pm   Permalink

Gecko and I made a deal. He would lower what he was charging me for the molds if I would allow him to cast some and put them on eBay. Yep, WOW. Wendy

Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-03 8:32 pm   Permalink

Looks like it was way kool. Thanks for the pix...
TS

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation