Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Dating Orchids of Hawaii Marks
Dating Orchids of Hawaii Marks
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-03 12:36 pm   Permalink

With nothing better to do this afternoon or at least not wanting to do anything better I thought I would post the different Orchids of Hawaii marks in my collection. I am hoping that someone will be able to comment on the chronology of the different marks. Some have just the name and Japan. Others have the name, the country, and the number plus they are in different order and positions on the bottom. I have also seen "Orchid?" mugs that just say JAPAN. How does one know for sure it is an Orchid mug. I am assuuming that the ones that say TAIWAN are newer than ones that say JAPAN. I apologize for the quality of some of the pics but all are readable if you look hard enough. I appreciate all comments even if it is "You must be nuts".

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-03 5:17 pm   Permalink

I'll bite-- You must be nuts. No really, I've figured everyone else knows how to date these tiki mugs and I'm the only one in the dark.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-03 5:55 pm   Permalink

Well, I guess there are at least two of us.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-03 7:24 pm   Permalink

Three.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 10:46 am   Permalink

Would anyone know when Orchids moved their manufacturing site from Japan to Taiwan? Mahalo.

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 11:03 am   Permalink

It's possible they may have produced some in Taiwan at the same time as in Japan. Some were also produced in the US, and I have one made in Korea (must be pre-Korean war).

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 12:05 pm   Permalink

TT,

Thanks for the info. Is your Korean one on Ooga?

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 12:15 pm   Permalink

It is: http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/my/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=590&ind_mug_id=61837

Because there are so few Korean mugs, I wonder if they started producing them there shortly before the war started and then had to abandon production.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2013-08-12 12:20 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 12:31 pm   Permalink

Strange glaze...Gotta keep my eye out.

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-16 11:56 am   Permalink

I'm surprised so few people chimed in on this. Looks like everyone's focused on events right now.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation