FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food is the Painkiller just Pina Colada with nutmeg?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
is the Painkiller just Pina Colada with nutmeg?
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 10:19 am   Permalink

now that it's the next day, i'm wondering if the pina coloada would actually taste the same as the painkiller if you made the pina colada with Pusser's.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-04-19 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-19 10:19, thePorpoise wrote:
now that it's the next day, i'm wondering if the pina coloada would actually taste the same as the painkiller if you made the pina colada with Pusser's.

Maybe similar but not the same. A pina colada does not have orange juice or nutmeg and the ratios of everything else are quite different.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 1:25 pm   Permalink

Be careful what you go around calling a Painkiller, you might get sued...

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/pussers-rum-sues-mixologists-over-painkiller-name-130702

View Profile of MauiRose Send a personal message to MauiRose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 2:34 pm   Permalink

I'm tellin ya, they should just change their bar's name to NYC Nutmeg Pina Colada...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-19 2:36 pm   Permalink

wait a second, Pusser's doesn't even specifically include its own rum as part of its trademarked definition of what comprises a Painkiller?!

from the USPTO:

"Alcoholic fruit drinks with fruit juices and cream of coconut and coconut juice. "

thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-04 12:05 pm   Permalink

the Goombay Smash is another drink that can be thrown in with the Pain Killer and the Pina Colada in the coconut-pineapple drinks profile.

thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-06 1:40 pm   Permalink

had no OJ, no pineapple juice, and no Coco Lopez.

so used Cruzan Coconut rum, and a blend of grapefruit and mango juices instead. used 1 oz Gosling's Black Seal, 2 oz Pusser's, topped with cinnamon and grated nutmeg.

sweet, tart, spicy, and a rum punch to the mouth. reminded of many a girlfriend from my youth. a tasty drink!

but is it a painkiller's cousin, or a planter's punch's nephew??

arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-06 4:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-06 13:40, thePorpoise wrote:

but is it a painkiller's cousin, or a planter's punch's nephew??

Plant Killer

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-06 4:56 pm   Permalink

"Sweet, tart, spicy, and a rum punch to the mouth. Reminded me of many a girlfriend from my youth"

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
reptarlazer

Posted: 2012-05-08 02:20 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: reptarlazer 2012-12-12 03:06 ]

View Profile of reptarlazer Send a personal message to reptarlazer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation