FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events pittsburgh! tiki tuesday @ tiki lounge - first tuesday every month
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
pittsburgh! tiki tuesday @ tiki lounge - first tuesday every month
yirmumah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-10 12:03 pm   Permalink

Here's the deal 'Burghers and tikiphiles in the surrounding Pittsburgh area... every first Tuesday of the month we're all getting together at the Tiki Lounge on the Southside of Pittsburgh.

Let's take this place back for tiki kind!!!

Even if you have a day job or have to work the next morning, that's plenty of time to make it home for some zzz's. Heck, I'm driving an hour or so, if I leave at 9pm I'll still get home in time to catch the local news!

EVENT DETAILS & FUN STUFF:

- BYOT: BRING YOUR OWN TIKI DRINK SPECIAL! Bring your favorite mug and get it filled with any specialty drink for 5 bucks!

- Find PITTIKI on Facebook and join our group.

[ This Message was edited by: yirmumah 2011-04-22 18:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: yirmumah 2012-02-25 18:11 ]

View Profile of yirmumah Send a personal message to yirmumah  Email yirmumah Goto the website of yirmumah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 3:21 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-11 11:01 am   Permalink

Count me in as well. Just RSVP-ed on the Facebook notification.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yirmumah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-11 11:08 am   Permalink

Excellent! We'll see you there! Looks like we're up to about 8 people on the Facebook Event (including Kristin's man) and I know a few other non-Facebook folks who said they'd attend. Maybe we'll have a bigger group than I originally thought... it'll make the bartender happy!

View Profile of yirmumah Send a personal message to yirmumah  Email yirmumah Goto the website of yirmumah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yirmumah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-22 6:10 pm   Permalink

Wanted to add the first official flyer for the first meetup:

We're also going to have a "BRING YOUR OWN TIKI" drink special. Any specialty drink mixed up in your own mug for 5 bucks!

TIKI SACRIFICE: I'll be raffling off the new RUM BELLY mug from Tiki Farm at the event. Figured this could be a good way for someone new to start a collection or fun for fellow tiki collectors.

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-10 4:59 pm   Permalink

BUMP
No you didn't miss it in June already, it was pushed back to June 14th!
See yinz there!

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 07:43 am   Permalink

Dang!
Haven't been paying attention to this. The July meet-up was attended by record numbers!
August 2 is the next one.
But tonight there's a luau @ Doublewide Grill!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=218680991488040

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-24 2:58 pm   Permalink

We're still at it here in the 'burgh.

Come on out Feb 7, 2012! 7-9
The drink special's still going on
tunes by Lucky (who promises a return to vinyl and no tech problems)
and ohana
What more could you want?

Finleyville
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-03 7:39 pm   Permalink

I should be there this week. I have it off. Thank you for letting me know about this event!

View Profile of Finleyville Send a personal message to Finleyville      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-06 09:33 am   Permalink

Glad to hear Finleyville!
Don't forget to bring your own mug for the special!

Finleyville
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-07 3:15 pm   Permalink

Crap! I do not own a tiki mug. I know, I know. Sacrilege. I guess I will have to find one in the future.

View Profile of Finleyville Send a personal message to Finleyville      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-08 2:40 pm   Permalink

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-21 11:53 am   Permalink

Tiki Tuesday has been moved to Tiki Wednesday for March only!

Join in as TikiDeke visits!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012
6:00pm until 9:00pm
Join us at one of America's finest tiki palaces, Pittsburgh's TIKI LOUNGE, when guest bartender Dennis Kelley (aka TikiDeke) will be mixing classic polynesian cocktails not seen in these parts for decades! We're talking the original ZOMBIE (created in 1934 at the first tiki bar in America, Don The Beachcomber, in Hollywood), the NAVY GROG, as well as Deke's own take on Trader Vic's signature drink, the MAI TAI (okay, if you want Vic's recipe, we can do that too!), and more!! He'll also have top-shelf exotic rums from his personal collection, available "neat" to tickle your tastebuds - all swirling over a soundtrack of appropriately exotic vinyl (thanks Lucky)!

If you are a true tiki aficionado, this is an evening not to be missed - a night when the drinks, the decor, and the music will all come together to create a short-stay utopia seldom found in today's prefab, premixed world. The Tiki Lounge is a true Oasis of Polynesia in Pittsburgh - be there when, for a few short hours, we'll "turn it up to 11"!!

We look forward to seeing YOU.

yirmumah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-25 6:12 pm   Permalink

This March, TIKI TUESDAY is on WEDNESDAY! With special guest bartender, TIKI DEKE coming in! Here's the details!

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-10 12:16 pm   Permalink

Pics! I want to see some pics since I was out of town and missed the festivities!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation