FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tahiti Apts, Lodi, CA (apartments)
Tahiti Apts, Lodi, CA (apartments)
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 2:06 pm   Permalink

Name:Tahiti Apts
Type:apartments
Street:508 W. Elm St.
City:Lodi
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Small vintage Polynesian style apartment complex.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 2:32 pm   Permalink

Yesterday I was on my way through central Lodi when I spotted a huge Sago palm. I slowed down a bit and turned my head and saw a Tiki behind a bush! My jaw dropped in disbelief! I quickly pulled over for further inspection. There I found an undocumented Tiki Temple complete with two vintage decaying Tikis and a sign saying "Tahiti Apts".

It was hard to believe, right here under my nose all this time. I had been to the local library before and never found any reference to any Tiki type apartments.

I returned today with my camera to properly document this wonderful discovery. This day in age it is almost unheard of to find an undocumented tiki temple of any sort with vintage tikis still intact and on display.

Sago palm that caught my eye.

Tiki on the right.

Tiki on the left.

Close up of Tiki on the left.

Close up of Tiki on the left.

Old light fixture in front of Tiki on the right.

Apartment sign complete with shield.

View from across the street, tikis in the shadows.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 3:25 pm   Permalink

Nice style for the Tikis! Love that elongated look! Amazing they are still there.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 8:30 pm   Permalink

Nice find Abstract! Great to see those old Tikis still there.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-10 8:44 pm   Permalink

Great find Abstract - it goes to show there is always more out there to find. Those tikis are great but could use some restoration.

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 07:35 am   Permalink

Wow! Congrats on an awesome vintage tiki unearthing... and practically in your own backyard! Amazing find, and that you were tipped of by a palm tree... incredible! You are like the Indiana Jones of urban archeology!

Keep them tiki finds comin', everybody appreciates your hard work!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 4:19 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Tobunga, TB, DC and Big Bro for your comments on this new discovery. The search for America's lost tiki culture continues...

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 08:55 am   Permalink

Thanks David! I love hearing about your adventures. Lost but now found. I wonder who carved those.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 9:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks JT, when I photographed them I looked all around the tikis especially in the back and lower parts for any kind of initials or name of the carver. I didn't find any, I didn't see a date either.

I researched google news and only came up with this tenant wanted add from the Lodi News Sentinel in 1965.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-09 09:34 am   Permalink

We just stumbled onto these wonderful tiki on 3/7/13. So we checked and found your thread. What a fun find. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-09 4:22 pm   Permalink

Those ARE really cool Tikis!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation