FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Tiki page on Facebook?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Tiki page on Facebook?
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 02:59 am   Permalink

I deem Facebook, Not Tiki!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mantis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-02 8:57 pm   Permalink

Blessed be, Lantz.

View Profile of Tiki Mantis Send a personal message to Tiki Mantis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-02 9:51 pm   Permalink

What's Facebook?

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 01:08 am   Permalink

There's a tiki group on facebook with over 1600+ members which shows some great pics of peoples art and projects , and the Disney "Tiki day" site shows some classic pics of the enchanted tiki room.

"diluting focus" or stealing attention away from tiki central? I don't see it.... If the Goal is to learn and appreciate tiki past and future then why limit myself to one resource?

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 01:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-02 21:51, bigtikidude wrote:
What's Facebook?

from Tikipedia
Facebook is an online social networking service, whose name stems from the colloquial name for the book given to students at the start of the academic year by some university administrations in the United States to help students get to know each other.[7] It was founded in February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.[8] The website's membership was initially limited by the founders to Harvard students, but was expanded to other colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities before opening to high school students, and eventually to anyone aged 13 and over. Facebook now allows any users who declare themselves to be at least 13 years old to become registered users of the site including Tiki Central members.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 01:25 am   Permalink

Ok, I admit that I added the last bit about TC members being invited but everyone here (except Grog) should at least check them out.
The IPO was $38.00 a year ago and their stock performance should convince everyone that Facebook is something to be in awe of.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 09:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-03 01:25, Ojaitimo wrote:
The IPO was $38.00 a year ago and their stock performance should convince everyone that Facebook is something to be in awe of.

not really.

mai-tai's are still a better investment.

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 1:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-03 01:25, Ojaitimo wrote:
Ok, I admit that I added the last bit about TC members being invited but everyone here (except Grog) should at least check them out.

The "Winklevoss" twins might disagree......

But I will just go under the warning in the "Necronomicon" (Book of the Dead)
that Social engineering websites are portals to "Hell & Damnation" & you risk your soul being torn apart!
So Facebook is another of the "Books of the Damned"

I for one don't appreciate my neighbors constantly yelling "Dead by Dawn! Dead by Dawn!"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 9:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-28 23:52, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
There are a few tiki groups, pages and others on Facebook.
. . .
The Tiki Central page is still there but not much content.

Facebook: TikiCentral

At least more than 200 people like it.

No new content since September 2012, most likely a casualty of the FB change that only the site owner/administrator can post on the main page.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-04 10:21 pm   Permalink

The nice thing about the Facebook Tiki Page is that you can post a picture of non "poly pop" stuff and not get yelled at!!!

Aloha! BB

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-04 10:53 pm   Permalink

Because everyone who would yell at you is already at your house, Ben.
now can you pass the guacamole, please.....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-08-04 22:55 ]

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-05 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-04 22:53, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Because everyone who would yell at you is already at your house, Ben.
now can you pass the guacamole, please.....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-08-04 22:55 ]

Ha! I have been nice here ever since I quit smoking
Smoking made me a real asshole ! Thanks for the beers
the other night ATP

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-05 12:38 pm   Permalink

Your welcome Ben! always good to see ya.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation