FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Maikai Gents Free Show and Worldwide Webcast June 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Maikai Gents Free Show and Worldwide Webcast June 4
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-06-04 10:53 pm   Permalink

It looked great! And it sounded great, too. (wish I'd read SCDs advice about the equalizer though). Great performance Iuka

My email was on the screen for a sec but did not get read! bastards!

good show, gents.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:03 pm   Permalink

Mine either. But mine was a wise crack. Good show Jud and buds.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:24 pm   Permalink

Great show as always! Got the sound EQ'd right (thanks, SCD), and it was quite a treat to watch from home! But where were Dawna's carvings? Due to my crappy computer acting up again, I got stuck on the 128k feed which was a bit on the blurry side. Were they there and I just couldn't see 'em?
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:28 pm   Permalink

Here are some screen-shots for those of you who didn't tune in.

Pop gives a shout out

Lets all have a drink!

Tikis!

[ This Message was edited by: johnnievelour on 2003-06-05 01:09 ]

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:39 pm   Permalink

Hey Iuka - Looks like many took your advice and watched the extravaganza from their barcaloungers. Did some of us show up in person?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:50 pm   Permalink

If it weren't for the image of the computer screen, it would look straight out of a 70s variety show. I wish I could've seen the broadcast, I haven't installed any video players on my linux box here at home yet. Tikifille, your carvings look really great!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-04 11:55 pm   Permalink

Bless all of your tiki loving souls!!! I spent the entire broadcast downloading (yes dial up) the media player blah blah blah. Double whine!!!! J. Velour,not only does your gal mix a fine drink, and you make a fine boca burger, BUT YOU POST THE PICS I WANT TO SEE. If a ticket to Poly paradise can be bought, I am buying yours. Thanx!!Dawna

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 12:03 am   Permalink

That tiki with the flamin' head is....well...HOT! Yeah, pun intended!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 01:08 am   Permalink

Yeah... just as i figured. My stupid computer prevented me from seeing the tikis clearly. Thanx for the captures, JV - Dawna, the tikis are awesome!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 07:58 am   Permalink

That was cool. Kulack's Woodshed rules!
That worked pretty good on my G4 mac with a DSL connection using media player. I thought the sound was decent for the internet but it was a little hot. I even got my e-mail read, plus awesome tikis too! A fun way to spend Wed night. Thanks!
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 09:25 am   Permalink

Aloha Mai Kai Gents - You guys were fabulous! What a great show - my kids were dancing when you sang "Hukilau." I was watching the webcast simultaneously with the ChikiTiki's on the phone -- made us feel like we were there! Thanks for reading my email and thanks JV for posting the pics.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:02 am   Permalink

The picture of The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa giving Iuka Grog "another drink" is PERFECT!

Since no one has mentioned it (yet), I'll come out and ask ~ Did anyone catch the announcement that Iuka Grog and Miss Mauna Loa are GETTING MARRIED IN A FEW WEEKS!?...or am I just the last one to know about this?

Congratulations you two crazy kids! That picture is a MUST SAVE for your grandkids to see!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:13 am   Permalink

Is that Suicide Sam I see in one of those pics?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:28 am   Permalink

Yeah, Congratutlations Iuka and...... Mysterious Mrs Mauna Grogg?

Chongolio

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2003-06-05 10:29 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 10:44 am   Permalink

Yeah, suicide sam was there and so was I! It was pretty fun. The whole thing was filmed with one guy and a jib cam.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation