FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Maikai Gents Free Show and Worldwide Webcast June 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Maikai Gents Free Show and Worldwide Webcast June 4
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 1:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha and WOW! What a night! That was the most fun I've had with my ukulele in some time. Kulak's was a great venue with the friendliest and most enthusiastic folks in a really comfy atmoshpere. Their setup was amazing: Three stationary cameras and one operated by crane, instant e-mail, good sound equipment and gear, etc. Just playing there was a great experience, but it went beyond just a show thanks to you all. Having your e-mails come in made it all the more exciting and extemporaneous. A big yellow spinning light would start up everytime there was an e-mail alert and I thought I read all the notes that came in, sorry if yours was missed (especially if they were wisecracks). Thanks to Suicide Sam for keeping the rowdies on the bed and in the back in line. Also good to meet Hanalei Pirate! Hopefully, Kulak's will archive the show on their website, if not I've been promised a DVD at some point. So, the BIG question was posed via an anonymous e-mail last night: If there was an all-out fistfight between Mike Tyson and King Kukulele, who would win? Any thoughts?

MAHALO!

Iuka Grogg on behalf of The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

[ This Message was edited by: iuka grogg on 2003-06-05 14:59 ]

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-05 2:20 pm   Permalink

and pray tell, how did this question come up?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 1:30 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Floratina! That Kukulele/Tyson question came via an e-mail all the way from Arizona. I'd put my clam shells on King K. Sure, he may not look like much of a scrapper, but man is he CRAAAZZY, and that's gotta count for something.

-I. Grogg

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-06 5:50 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-06-06 17:53 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-07 4:18 pm   Permalink

Eh braraddah J,

I didn't get to see your sho because my computer SUCKS!! the pics look lovely!! I'm glad you had a good time bro because dats wat itz all about! did you record da sho?

shoots

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-10 8:50 pm   Permalink

Iuka Grogg!

Any word on a copy of the DVD yet? I'd love to have a copy myself. The MaiKai Gents aren't in the Performance Video Archives (yet).

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-11 11:33 am   Permalink

Aloha! Gecko, yes the show was recorded. SugarCaddyDaddy, we haven't received our DVD yet. The owner of the Woodshed has been out of town and it seems as though he's the man to get it to us. We'll certainly let you know as soon as we get a copy. I can't wait to see it myself. The photos Johnnie Velour posted are great, but look as though they came from 1978's The Maikai Gents Happy Family Aloha Hour Television Special Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa. I guess the DVD will, too. Did your daughter see our rendition of her request? That was awfully nice of her to e-mail us! Mahalo to you all for your continued interest in TMG Featuring TMMML.

-I. Grogg

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation