FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Goin'Primitive (Thanks to everyone who came to this little Oasis)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Goin'Primitive (Thanks to everyone who came to this little Oasis)
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-17 5:07 pm   Permalink

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum! DooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooG!

thanks for the re-verb BTD and all the positive energy
------
Posted: Today; 3:54 pm

I'm still hot n tired,
but it was a great fun weekend.

Jeff(btd)
------

yup, killer time... had to make do with out the trampoline... if the fun aint there make it yourself! thanks for the pic Ms NTH! and great digs with that tailor.

Mr Tuna, I mentioned to the judges how awesome it was that you put war clubs above your bed rather then the vintage album art i suggested in May.

loved the 'shrunken cocktail!'

pendent anyone?

thanks all who helped pay the rent!!

great time hosts!!! Killer hospitality!

few more Photos
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.181849085196523.36867.100001142975893&type=1&l=9f6cd21d1c

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2011-10-17 17:31 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-17 5:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-17 14:32, JOHN-O wrote:
Great addition !! It's an appropriate symbolic link in the whole historical chain of Mojave Oasis.

Full circle.

I look forward to seeing it next year.

Hey, we missed you John. I even stayed awake past 8pm on Saturday. But after tent crawling, I didn't make the after hours party, that's for sure. You missed the Trailerpark Martini, but I will have an even better drink at the next camp out!

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mysterioso
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-17 7:54 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Tiki Mysterioso Send a personal message to Tiki Mysterioso      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-10-17 10:58 pm   Permalink

Thank you Rory, Amy and everyone who made Goin' Primitive a reality. We had a great time & here's a sampling of some of the goings on Saturday night:

And here's Jeremy with his new found froggy friend...

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-18 03:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-17 07:24, TIKI-RAY wrote:
We had a great time and thanks to Amy and Rory for the event. It was fun helping but I overdid it a little with my back . Sorry but I get a little grumpy from the pain . But everyone got fed as Amy told me and the fishing derby was a big success . Heres a pic of Joseph Morgan who won the contest . A 3 year old kid with a 5 lb. catfish . This made my day .

Joseph is still going on about his catch! The whole family had a great time. Here's some more pics that Ilene took:

That yeti scared the hell out of Joseph at first 'cause he had a scary experience on Disneyland's Matterhorn, but he finally made friends with him.

Two thumbs up for Mojave Oasis. Thanks, Amy and Rory and everyone else for all your hard work!

And thanks for the wonderful prizes as well. I haven't taken pictures of Joseph with his Kirby necklace because he's constantly running around with it and I'm bad at shooting moving targets. I took a pic of the event mug and stuck it on Ooga Mooga, though. What a beauty!

Can't wait to see what's in store for next time!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-18 04:55 am   Permalink

you might want to check these out too from one of our Vendors (Not me) on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOIN-PRIMITIVE-EVENT-MOJAVE-OASIS-FRAMED-EVENT-PRINT-/330627594644?pt=Art_Posters&hash=item4cfaf0b994#ht_500wt_1140

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOIN-PRIMITIVE-EVENT-MOJAVE-OASIS-FRAMED-EVENT-PRINT-/330627593619?pt=Art_Posters&hash=item4cfaf0b593#ht_500wt_1140

make sure you check his other stuff too because he has several different frames.

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ This Message was edited by: wildsville man 2011-10-18 06:13 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOBU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-18 09:52 am   Permalink

Yeah, I still haven't figured out to drink less and take more pictures
Here's what I got:

GOING PRIMITIVE ON SPAGHETTI

I don't care about your HANGOVER dad lets go fishing

Our Scooby Doo Witch Doctor Trailer

Don't tell Wilma

Roasting marshmallows

JOBU

View Profile of JOBU Send a personal message to JOBU  Email JOBU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-18 12:39 pm   Permalink

Thank You to all who participated in the Tent and Trailer Crawl and Decoration Contests! Here are our WINNERS!

For Best Cocktail:
1st Place- PiPhiRho "Cannibal"
2nd Place- Trader Tom "Spicy Simian"
3rd Place- Rum Dog ""Sperm of Kong"
Honorable mention and appreciation to Trailerpark Tiki "Trailpark Martini"

For Best Tent Decoration:
1st Place- Rum Dog
2nd Place Christiki

For Best Trailer Decoration:
TIE For 1st!
Nelson's Tiki Hut- "Mid Century Modern"
Tuna Tiki's - "Gon Tiki"
2nd Place- Jobu & Bobbie's "Witch Doctor"

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-18 12:52 pm   Permalink

Thank You again Amy & Rory I had a blast! This event was smooth going and a ton of fun. Thanks for allowing me to help out it was exciting to taste and judge cocktails and have a look at all the great tents and trailers our Ohana so proudly shared with us. The paddle boats were a big hit and so were all the free meals, that was terrific! There were so many great additions to the property that made this adventure so good & just plain old fun! Thanks also to Ray Boylan, Crazy Al, Ray & Cindy, Jim and Jeff Big Tiki Dude, you win a medal for pure endurance alone my friend, hours upon hours of non-stop music and every song a good one! Thanks Again to ALL the Crawl Host's and Decoration participants who helped made sure we all would have a awesome time and we did! I will see you again come spring campers!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-18 9:53 pm   Permalink

A Little experiment for our friends who came to Goin'Primitive.

As you know we had 1 out of 10 mugs with a special animal print fez for the first 50 sales.

We also gave away this special Mug for the best cocktail contest for the trailer and tent crawl.

Only 10 were created and now you get to see what this gift is worth to you.

I put one on Ebay for auction. What do you thing it will end up at?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260875107205?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1140

This was a great promo and I hope you lucky winners enjoy your prizes

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-18 10:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-17 22:58, Tobor64 wrote:

[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/10942x4e9d10a9.jpg[/img

Some of my favorites!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-18 10:46 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to send out a BIG MAHALO
to....

Amy and Ray Boylan
for providing a Paradise for us to play in

Rory
for working out the details and providing a great theme to bring us all out into the desert together

Fellow Vendors
for being so friendly and warm and providing great product at great prices

Shoppers
for purchasing a LOT of Paintings from my Vending trailer of Magical Merriment
and patronizing all of us who made the effort to set up and sit around with our wares on Saturday

the Ding Dong Devils and Hula Girls
for working tirelessly to provide Great Live Music to us Desert Denizens

Ray and Cindy
for taking care of all the lil details and feeding us some wonderful grub

Crazy Al-for channelling Screamin jay Hawkins and being the incredible,talented,entertaining man that you are

Jeff BTD-for providing a soundtrack to our weekend all throughout the park

Victor,his sweet wife,and all the MO on-site staff who helped things run smoothly

Rafella and Dana
for being the most wonderful trailer neighbors!
So wonderful that i am getting a trailer EACH and EVERY time i attend Mojave Oasis Events!

JOBU and family
for the Ohana Spirit and the unexpected Watermelon slice that was Heaven on Earth

all the Sponsors
for being so forthcoming with their products and booze

and lastly
to all you attendees
for all the smiles,hugs,conversation,laughs,and warm neighborly atmosphere!

Mojave Oasis is something else!
mellow by Day
Rager by Night

i always come home
with a FULL heart
and a Happy Relaxed Body
wanting more!

MAHALOS!
CAn't wait til April!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-10-18 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-18 03:39, Trader Tom wrote:

#16?
So just how many paddle boats were out there?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-19 08:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-18 22:55, Hakalugi wrote:
#16?
So just how many paddle boats were out there?

Lol, I never noticed that! There are 4 on the lake currently, but we have 7 total between the 2 lakes

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-19 08:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-17 14:32, JOHN-O wrote:
Great addition !! It's an appropriate symbolic link in the whole historical chain of Mojave Oasis.
Full circle.
I look forward to seeing it next year.

Thanks John!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation