FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » CATT - The Chicago Area Tiki Tour 2011
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
CATT - The Chicago Area Tiki Tour 2011
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 10:04 pm   Permalink

I wish I would have come across this sooner. I have that weekend off but I'm going to Cleaveland.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-25 7:32 pm   Permalink

...here are the final mugs going in the Shadow Box...

...vintage 60's PMP Coconut mug, retired Tiki Farm Jungle Boy by Squid, a vintage Swiss Movenpick Tiki mug, and mug from The Tikis in Hawaii.

Just wait til ya see what's up next...

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 09:09 am   Permalink

...ok here's the next Raffle item for ya'll...

...a fully re-furbished 24" x 48" Witco 5 panel primitive wall art!

Don't go away cuz we ain't done yet!!!!

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 12:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-22 08:37, BambooLodge wrote:
In case ya'll haven't heard, we will be having a special raffle at the Chef on Sunday to benefit Catnap from the Heart cat shelter. There will be 6 different items in the raffle, each item will have a different colored ticket. This way you only have to buy tickets for what you are interested in, although I must say they are all fab items. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00!

Hot News Flash...

There's a bit of a change on how raffle tix will be purchased, I was looking at this all ass-backwards.

It has been brought to my attention that there is a much easier way to run ticket sales...

..raffle tickets will still be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00. Instead of a bunch of different colored tickets, we'll have all the raffle items numbered as well as jars numbered. So this way all you have to do is buy your tickets, then split them apart, you take the side that says "KEEP THIS TICKET" and put it in your pocket or what ever safe place you'd like, then put the other in the jar of your choosing! Okie Dokie?

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 12:16 pm   Permalink

sorry double post!

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge 2011-09-26 12:17 ]

Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-26 8:56 pm   Permalink

I AM SO READY!!!

PS -- That Witco piece is MINE, so the rest of ya can just back away slowly!

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-27 07:59 am   Permalink

...here's the next item in the Raffle graciously donated by Betty & Duane at Chef Shangri-La. It's a Eugene Savage print that hung in the Chef for over 34 years...

...this sucker is huge @ 36" x 60". The lighting was really poor in the back room where this is stored so it was hard to get any detailed pics.

Check back tomorrow for another great raffle item!

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-27 11:47 am   Permalink

Don't forget that the raffle proceeds are going to very good cause -- Catnap from the Heart Shelter. Please take the time to check out this short video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-1VHEEF6xLQ

Mahalo

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-27 12:48 pm   Permalink

Wow, that Savage print is kind of an iconic bit of the Chef's tiki decor, I am surprised they are letting that go.
Lucky winner will have something very cool.

Wish I could join you all this weekend, but as usual I have work obligations for a lot of the time.
Such is the music biz.
Had a long conversation with Mel, who explained why (understandably given the logistics of this event) day-passes or partial-event passes aren't available.
Too bad, though.

Might catch up with the bus and pop my head in to Hala Kahiki for a few minutes on Saturday. Hope to see you all there.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-27 8:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-27 12:48, tikibars wrote:
Wow, that Savage print is kind of an iconic bit of the Chef's tiki decor, I am surprised they are letting that go.
Lucky winner will have something very cool.

Wish I could join you all this weekend, but as usual I have work obligations for a lot of the time.
Such is the music biz.
Had a long conversation with Mel, who explained why (understandably given the logistics of this event) day-passes or partial-event passes aren't available.
Too bad, though.

Might catch up with the bus and pop my head in to Hala Kahiki for a few minutes on Saturday. Hope to see you all there.

James, looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you in Chi-town!

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-28 06:40 am   Permalink

...check out this next item, for you craft beer lovers...

...it's a 1/2 gallon bottle of Monkey Business Brewery's Russian Imperial Stout that comes in a highly collectible vintage screen printed Meister Brau Bottle.
Lotsa great items and a great cause as well, so be sure to save some Moola for the raffle at the Chef on Sunday!

tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-29 09:30 am   Permalink

I can't wait! I'm heading to Chicago now. See you all there.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-29 3:10 pm   Permalink

In addition to the "Tourist Catt" we also made another one-off custom mug that will be in the raffle as well. We call this one "Luau Catt":

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-29 11:04 pm   Permalink

AM I THERE YET???

Luki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-03 7:50 pm   Permalink

So where are all the CATT photos for those of us who'll have to live through them vicariously?!

View Profile of Luki Send a personal message to Luki  Goto the website of Luki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation