FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery My first Tiki from Yorkshire England
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
My first Tiki from Yorkshire England
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 2:24 pm   Permalink

That wood grain effect on the teeth of your first tiki is amazing. Excellent job on both!

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-29 6:29 pm   Permalink

Hip! Good looking Tiki and Moai.

Yours was inspiring; am in process of drying a couple pieces of pine to try first Tiki carving, this winter.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananamansl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-04 08:52 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: bananamansl 2011-12-11 02:18 ]

View Profile of bananamansl Send a personal message to bananamansl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananamansl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-03-04 1:14 pm   Permalink

20CM Maoi for my Tiki Bar!

Not yet sanded or stained.

Considering painting it in fluorescent paint to glow up under my black light.

View Profile of bananamansl Send a personal message to bananamansl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananamansl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-10 2:19 pm   Permalink

Named 'Gabe' after Sylvester Stalone in Cliffhanger.

Carved with palm chisels, finished with Oak wood stain.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-10 3:26 pm   Permalink

Good stuff. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 07:23 am   Permalink

Very nice I like it too.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelenCampbell

Posted: 2013-02-21 12:05 am   Permalink

That was your first? Wow! It is great! How I wish I could do that great on my first tiki too.

My brother and I were planning to make one. We want to add it in our tropical inspired backyard. We already have some tiki torches in it which we have got last year from
http://www.buytikitorches.com and we think having those tiki faces will add more beauty in our yard. Hope we can do as good as yours.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - Fixed link - 2013-02-21 20:23 ]

View Profile of HelenCampbell Send a personal message to HelenCampbell      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-13 11:11 pm   Permalink

Well, aint' you freakin' hip! Fine, fine work.

Tiki in England! You go, Dude!

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananamansl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-30 11:33 am   Permalink

My latest Tiki.

Sanded and oiled.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 8:59 pm   Permalink

Good stuff

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dermdude

Posted: 2013-07-03 12:17 pm   Permalink

yo brah, nice work! I posted one of my latest carvings here and I have gotten a lot of recommendations to take it deeper! I am not excited about it but I broke out the chisels and have started to retool my entire carving.

I had an ideal for adding some tattoo style etcings to the face. I do have plenty of experience with refinishing furniture never with a wax finish, only stain and french polish. I don't want stain to absorb very deep I want it to sit on top so I can carve with exacto knife and show lighter grain below.
Could you take a second and tell me about the wax finish on ur moi? Looks fantastic
very nice satiny finish. Edges and curves get easily lost in gloss. I am quick study so only need the nuts and bolts of what to do to save typing. Thanks

View Profile of Dermdude Send a personal message to Dermdude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dermdude

Posted: 2013-07-03 2:31 pm   Permalink

yo brah, nice work! I posted one of my latest carvings here and I have gotten a lot of recommendations to take it deeper! I am not excited about it but I broke out the chisels and have started to retool my entire carving.

I had an ideal for adding some tattoo style etcings to the face. I do have plenty of experience with refinishing furniture never with a wax finish, only stain and french polish. I don't want stain to absorb very deep I want it to sit on top so I can carve with exacto knife and show lighter grain below.
Could you take a second and tell me about the wax finish on ur moi? Looks fantastic
very nice satiny finish. Edges and curves get easily lost in gloss. I am quick study so only need the nuts and bolts of what to do to save typing. Thanks

View Profile of Dermdude Send a personal message to Dermdude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananamansl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-23 3:17 pm   Permalink

Dermdude,

I fine sanded the remaining chisel marks then coated the Moai with Mahogany wood stain. The wax finish was added with a lint free cloth, 2-3 coats then buffed. Unfortunately now riddled with wood worm! Cheers.

Tattotiki

Posted: 2013-12-25 03:06 am   Permalink

Really nice. And thats from a Lancastrian.

View Profile of Tattotiki Send a personal message to Tattotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation