FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI TI 50th Anniversary! - Photos and Fun
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
TIKI TI 50th Anniversary! - Photos and Fun
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-27 10:55 pm   Permalink

This momentous occasion should not be all about that damn mug! It deserves its own thread, please post all photos and Tiki Ti accolades HERE.

This tiny bar was an important place of germination for me and Jeff Berry and lots of other people before we really "knew" Tiki!
I feel very gratified that I was able to contribute to this important event by designing their first Tiki mug, thus having things come full circle for me.

Thank you for everyone who came, from the farthest reaches of O.C. and the Valley to even San Francisco and Sacramento. See you again tomorrow same time, same place. And Thank You, everyone, for the kind words about the mug, too.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-27 11:32 pm   Permalink

Here's some photos from Wednesday (4/27/2011) starting around 3:15-ish...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-28 07:41 am   Permalink

I'm glad someone got a snapshot of this guy...

In the 1930's when all of the Tropical cocktail classics were being invented, he was considered "The Man behind the Man" (or in those days one of "the boys").

He may have actually have been THE MAN !!

Thank you Ray Buhen !!!

And to Mike Sr., Mike Jr., and Mark for keeping the Tiki torch burning since 1961.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohashirtbob

Posted: 2011-04-28 07:59 am   Permalink

Quite a shock to see Dr. Shocker drinking in broad daylight. I miss SoCal!

View Profile of alohashirtbob Send a personal message to alohashirtbob  Email alohashirtbob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-28 08:21 am   Permalink

ouch

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64

Posted: 2011-04-28 08:22 am   Permalink

Brilliant photos as always, Tom! I only wish we could've stayed longer. What an honor it was to be there to help kick off the anniversary. I'm raisin' my mug to toast another 50 years...see you in 2061!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-28 08:51 am   Permalink

And here's a close up of the Golden Anniversary swizzle stick! Ooooh, aaaaah!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-28 10:25 am   Permalink

no I didn't really drink all of those drinks,
I only had 2,
but I didn't do the Ray's mistakes,
I had a Zombie,and a 151 swizzle, and they kicked my ass.
going back for round 2 today.

Good times,
Good Drinks,
and Good People,
here is to many more Years for the Tiki Ti and the Buhen family.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2011-04-28 11:03 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-28 10:52 am   Permalink

Had a wonderful time at the Ti yesterday.

It was everything our tiki thing should be, IMO .....Celebrating one of the last remaining icons of Polynesian Pop - The Buhen legacy.

Everyone was in a great mood, enjoying the cocktails, and getting their hands on that great mug....a long overdue thing for the Tiki Ti.

Great job on the mug design, Sven...another home run.

Congrats to the Buhen's for 50 years and 3 generations of greatness.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carlosrossi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-28 2:32 pm   Permalink

also note! Beachbum Berry will be in attendance tonight! I can't wait to shake that guy's hand!

View Profile of carlosrossi Send a personal message to carlosrossi  Goto the website of carlosrossi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Swig
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-28 4:30 pm   Permalink

Cant wait for my girlfriend to get off work at 5 so we can head up! it'll be her first time. and i'll be taking photos too!

View Profile of Big Swig Send a personal message to Big Swig  Email Big Swig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64

Posted: 2011-04-28 10:39 pm   Permalink

Forgot to post this pic of my wife's raffle winnings during Wednesday's festivities....

Now I just need to get a car worthy of one of these frames (yes, she said she'd share).

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki moon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-29 01:04 am   Permalink

View Profile of tiki moon Send a personal message to tiki moon  Goto the website of tiki moon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 06:46 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yirmumah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-29 08:18 am   Permalink

That TORO pouring pic is awesome!

View Profile of yirmumah Send a personal message to yirmumah  Email yirmumah Goto the website of yirmumah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation