FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TIKI TI 50th Anniversary! - Photos and Fun
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
TIKI TI 50th Anniversary! - Photos and Fun
Rawim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 08:20 am   Permalink

I had a great time there yesterday even if it was only for an hour.

Highlight might have been Jeff Berry cutting in line in front of me so he could get to the "VIP" section.

View Profile of Rawim Send a personal message to Rawim  Goto the website of Rawim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulahoney
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-29 08:59 am   Permalink

Last night was an absolute blast!

Thank you to the Buhen family for their hospitality, for all the regulars who worked hard last night, for all the patrons over the years... the Tiki Ti is something really special and I'm glad I can say I was there to celebrate the 50th anniversary!

From my phone...
I was excited to see familiar faces in line!

King Kukulele

Some of my loot!

And some snaps from my camera

The man who started it all

Me with Holden, Crazy Al, and Anders

Still a solid line

Mahalo to everyone at the Ti last night That was one for the record books!

View Profile of hulahoney Send a personal message to hulahoney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 09:14 am   Permalink

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 09:40 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 10:31 am   Permalink

looks fun a s always..
I gots to get me one them Tiki Tis license plate frames from my tiki themed VW bus- How do you do it?

Anyone? I'm hoping I can get one through the tiki-ti site time will tell.

[ This Message was edited by: sneakyjack 2011-05-04 14:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sneakyjack 2011-05-04 14:39 ]

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 10:37 am   Permalink

Looks like fun...sorry to have missed the anniversary celebration. Due to work load and a previous obligation, I couldn't get there until about 7:45pm, and after being in the line that didn't move for 30 min., and operating on 3 hours sleep with work again today, I headed home.

Today is the first day I might have a chance to be there around 5 or 6, but I'm sure I'm a day late and a dollar short. Is anybody from TC going to be there tonight, around 4-7, or later? I know the mugs are gone, at this point I'm just hoping for a sizzle stick.

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-29 11:13 am   Permalink

Great photos hulahoney, thank you!

Congawa, they should have 50 mugs per day unless they decided to blow them all out yesterday.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 11:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-29 11:13, Tonga Tom wrote:
Great photos hulahoney, thank you!

Congawa, they should have 50 mugs per day unless they decided to blow them all out yesterday.

Yes, great pix Hulahoney!!

Quote from Tiki Ti on FB last night: "Tiki Ti is simultaneously happy that tonight's crowd bought the remaining supply of mugs, and sad that we will have to wait for three weeks for more. Seriously."

Looks like you're gonna hafta wait a spell...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 11:52 am   Permalink

Yeah, they decided to blow them all out last night instead of waiting...I can tell, my signing hand hurts! Wow what a blast! EVERYONE was there last night - at one point, once they made it in!

After being there the second day from 4:00 pm on, I hit a wall around 9:00 pm. Enjoying so much accolades and good company, and lots of vessels full of frothy goodness...

...things began to look a little fuzzy...

..even though I was being held up by such upstanding Tiki Ti citizens as Beachbum Berry and Martin Cate!:

(..with back up by Sabu)

But it sure was satisfying to sit with Jeff Berry under our name tag dated 10 years ago, and muse about how we never would have guessed that his research here would inspire a new wave of mixologists all over the world, and that I would drink out of a Tiki Ti logo mug I designed!
Thank you Tiki Ti for being there!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulahoney
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-04-29 12:50 pm   Permalink

I have all the videos from my camera posted on Youtube...

Check them out at
Tiki Ti 50th Anniversary

Enjoy!

View Profile of hulahoney Send a personal message to hulahoney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-04-29 1:15 pm   Permalink

Looks like great fun and we arent jealous at all!,Cant wait to come over again for a california tiki vacation later in the year

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-04-29 4:42 pm   Permalink

On 2011-04-29 11:19, Doctor Z wrote:
Quote:

Quote from Tiki Ti on FB last night: "Tiki Ti is simultaneously happy that tonight's crowd bought the remaining supply of mugs, and sad that we will have to wait for three weeks for more. Seriously."

Looks like you're gonna hafta wait a spell...

WOW! I'm so glad I made it on Wednesday, but it ooks like last night was a total blast!
That's $7,000 worth of mugs in two days!!!

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 4:56 pm   Permalink

Thank You for the shout-out, Mr. Nichols!:

http://www.lamag.com/askchrisblog/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10232136

Here is one occasion where a flash actually yielded better results than non-flash photography, the photo that Cass took of Adrian (Polynesian Pop) posing with the "V.I.P." corner gang!:

Would you look at those shirt colors! If that photo doesn't spell "Happiness is being at the Tiki Ti" I don't know what does!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-29 7:29 pm   Permalink

It truely was a great event yesterday.

I even had fun waiting in line, chatting it up with everyone.

I just wish TikiSkaBro and I could have hung out a little longer.

Thanks for sharing all the great photos.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TwoChordTom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-07 12:36 pm   Permalink

Here are three photos from April 28th. What a great time. More mugs should be "incoming" next week.

View Profile of TwoChordTom Send a personal message to TwoChordTom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation