FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 11 3rd Annual Car Show!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 11 3rd Annual Car Show!!
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-10 10:24 am   Permalink

Since no one has posted about the car show yet, I thought I'd get it started!
Here's the super cool video from last years' show...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bBg9egBAmO8

I'm hoping to have my Thunderbird back on the road in time for Oasis. I pulled the motor and spent the last couple of months rebuilding it. I just have to paint the engine compartment and drop it back in there and it should all be good again...

Also, we've been talking with Otto, Baby Doe, and Maitai and The Hula Girls will be at the car show on Saturday with two shows at 11 and 2!
Pin-up models and hula-a-go-go dancers, Miss Dinah DeRosa and Miss Judy Luck, will be dancing with us!

Who else is bringing a car?
http://www.tikioasis.com/2011/carshow/

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bad30th
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-10 2:24 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Bad30th 2011-08-09 18:40 ]

View Profile of Bad30th Send a personal message to Bad30th      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-05-10 3:12 pm   Permalink

The car show is going to be a lot of fun! Nothing like the smell of exhaust fumes from classic cars (as crazy as that sounds!) <3

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-11 08:37 am   Permalink

Meanwhile....I don't think my truck is gonna make it to the show... Not unless San Diego is all down-hill from my garage... Still needs a motor and transmission..... and, uh, seats.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-11 09:12 am   Permalink

My buddy once had a truck very much like yours back in the 90s...I helped with the exterior paint-job and my friend upholstered the interior in a black and white swirly op-art pattern - it turned out really really nice!
If I can find my one and only snapshot of it I'll post it later.

Unfortunately he lost the truck in a devastating home fire that destroyed all, including his garage and everything in it

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-11 10:24 am   Permalink

Big Bamboo aka the "Tikiyakimobile" will represent !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-11 10:36 am   Permalink

WHOOOO!!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-16 4:27 pm   Permalink

I have a Tbird named Tiki Bird. I have to get the brakes fixed first. I will try to make the date. Right now August is iffy since I am still going to be on work travel off and on during that month.

I've been dyin' to take her on a road trip.

That gold engine, by the way, looks great!

TS

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Slob 2011-05-16 16:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-17 09:45 am   Permalink

TS, that Thunderbird looks super clean! I don't think I've seen that one at any shows before! I get stoked when I see other Thunderbirds out there. They seem fairly rare.
I'm going a mild custom route with mine. Ditched the bumper guard. Shaved the body and the door handles. Custom grill and custom pipes.... But I still LOVE how they look stock and very clean. Cool Bird!

Hope to see it at the car show!

Polly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-19 6:43 pm   Permalink

Cool!

View Profile of Polly Send a personal message to Polly  Goto the website of Polly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-20 02:53 am   Permalink

Tiki Oasis Car Show, Baby! Aloha John, Rob Bennett from The Lifters C.C., and I have been rounding up cars, especially ones that tie in with a tiki theme, or a "Let's spend the weekend in Baja" theme, or both. This year's car show should not disappoint!

Spike, hurry up and get that engine finished. Looking good so far!

Quote:

On 2011-05-11 10:24, tikiyaki wrote:
Big Bamboo aka the "Tikiyakimobile" will represent !

Jim, glad to know that you're on board this year! Vintage vans, wagons, and trailers, you're gonna see 'em at this year's Tiki Oasis Car Show! Along with some traditional old school hot rods, vintage iron, and cool customs!

I'll post more pictures in the next week or two, because, hey, I'm dickin' around out in Palm Springs right now. Until then, let me entice you with a pic or two of a car that I almost got signed up for this year: Tiki Warrior, the one that got away.

Stay tuned for more pics of cars for the Third Annual Tiki Oasis Car Show!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-24 12:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Bill it was cool to meet you at Caliente. Here is Marions wagon and my Galaxie 500, hoping to have more "period correct" wheels on hers before Oasis. We bought it with the 17's on it, but it will get bags and 15's eventually.

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-18 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-24 12:36, marion-n-brad wrote:
Hey Bill it was cool to meet you at Caliente. Here is Marions wagon and my Galaxie 500, hoping to have more "period correct" wheels on hers before Oasis. We bought it with the 17's on it, but it will get bags and 15's eventually.

Does anyone know Marion and Brad, and can put me in contact with them? Much thanks in advance!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 12:18 pm   Permalink

My Wife will have her T-bird again.
I don't think i will be bringing any of our other cars due to the Music events I'm doing but i wish i had the time to bring em : (

[ This Message was edited by: JasonLeeSurf 2011-07-22 12:20 ]

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-22 1:05 pm   Permalink

We are bringing our 1960 Pontiac Catalina. It is a work in progress.

View Profile of TNT Send a personal message to TNT  Email TNT Goto the website of TNT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation