FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 11 3rd Annual Car Show!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 11 3rd Annual Car Show!!
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-23 10:28 am   Permalink

The Hula Girls will be playing at the car show on Saturday August 20th at 10am and 2pm!!

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 5:30 pm   Permalink

I'm still looking for contact info for Marion and Brad. Does anyone here know them, and can put me in contact them, or forward them the message that I'm trying to contact them about the Tiki Oasis Car Show? Muchas Gracias! (getting into the "South Of The Border Theme")

Quote:

On 2011-07-18 18:14, Mai Tai wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-24 12:36, marion-n-brad wrote:
Hey Bill it was cool to meet you at Caliente. Here is Marions wagon and my Galaxie 500, hoping to have more "period correct" wheels on hers before Oasis. We bought it with the 17's on it, but it will get bags and 15's eventually.

Does anyone know Marion and Brad, and can put me in contact with them? Much thanks in advance!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-26 6:32 pm   Permalink

MaiTai, got a friend in law enforcement or DMV that will run that plate for you? XNS 420

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-27 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-26 18:32, MadDogMike wrote:
MaiTai, got a friend in law enforcement or DMV that will run that plate for you? XNS 420

Nooooooo! Dont let law enforcement run my plate! Or i will have to pack up my Galaxie and spend the rest of my days in Tijuana....haha
MaiTai....pm'd you!

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-29 5:17 pm   Permalink

Mai Tai
Awesome car line up. I just heard the Primo wagon will make an appearance w some free beer!! Also Cult of the Eye party will happen near the xar show so no reason to actually attend the event!!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-30 11:07 pm   Permalink

I love that there are so many T-birds on this thread! Usually when I go to car shows I'm the only Bird there. Lucky- your engine looks great-good job! I hope to bring my car to Oasis someday, but it would be a long drive..

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-31 08:57 am   Permalink

Will be there to hear one of our favorite groups, The Hula Girls at 10 am and 2 pm.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-02 1:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-17 09:45, Luckydesigns wrote:
TS, that Thunderbird looks super clean! I don't think I've seen that one at any shows before! I get stoked when I see other Thunderbirds out there. They seem fairly rare.
I'm going a mild custom route with mine. Ditched the bumper guard. Shaved the body and the door handles. Custom grill and custom pipes.... But I still LOVE how they look stock and very clean. Cool Bird!

Hope to see it at the car show!

Thanks Spike! I dig'em either way. I have a '51 Ford Victoria called Icky Vicky that is almost on the road. She is taking all my free time right now so TB's brakes and other things have been ignored. Too many irons in the fire. I, of course, lean toward Kustom as Icky Vicky will be a Barris style kind of thing. Icky is going to get the Hula Girl reference to go along with Tiki Bird. My younger son is interested in the bird so he and I will have to decide stock or Kustom. Mamma on the other hand digs the bird stock. So we will see. At this point it doesn't look good for the show. Brakes not fixed yet and lots of business travel still. We might make the Belmont Shore show in Long Beach though. Will have to wait until the very LAST minute to decide about the Oasis show. This business travel on-again-off-again thing sucks. BUT...we Tbird folks gotta hook up somewhere.
See ya...TS

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-02 1:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-30 23:07, tiki-riviera wrote:
I love that there are so many T-birds on this thread! Usually when I go to car shows I'm the only Bird there. Lucky- your engine looks great-good job! I hope to bring my car to Oasis someday, but it would be a long drive..

Nice convert! I'm diggin' the Tbird representation myself. My younger son is not a Tikiphile (yet) but he is very interested in fixing up Tiki Bird with me so he will eventually get the bug. Hey...a few Mai Tais and a hula chick or two...he'll come around to seeing things Pop's way, ya know?
Tbirds are cool.
TS

View Profile of Tiki Slob Send a personal message to Tiki Slob  Email Tiki Slob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-02 2:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-31 08:57, HB TIKI wrote:
Will be there to hear one of our favorite groups, The Hula Girls at 10 am and 2 pm.

So HB...your bird is lookin' cool. Does HB stand for Hula Bird? Just checkin'. Damn! Tbirds abound around here. This is something else.
TS

Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-02 2:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-11 10:24, tikiyaki wrote:
Big Bamboo aka the "Tikiyakimobile" will represent !

Hey TikiYaki,
I used to paint all kinds of vans like yours during the '70s van craze. I just can't get enough of that style. The movement was quite the party in my neck of the woods (Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Torrance, Gardena). Glad to see you're keeping the tiki torch lit!
TS

Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-02 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-22 12:18, JasonLeeSurf wrote:
My Wife will have her T-bird again.
I don't think i will be bringing any of our other cars due to the Music events I'm doing but i wish i had the time to bring em : (

[ This Message was edited by: JasonLeeSurf 2011-07-22 12:20 ]

Jason...dude! I gotta introduce my wife to your wife so they can discuss T-bird styling. That is a bitchen square bird. Mamma wants it stock but I keep telling her how the '62 would look so cool low slung like that. I know what you mean about bringin' the other cars. My car is a '51 Ford Vicky and my older son and I built a 60s custom Valiant wagon. What I wouldn't give to have them all on the road at the same time going to the Oasis! The Vicky is still gettin' a heart transplant and my older son is too busy with other things to come out and play.
TS

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 3:08 pm   Permalink

Yeah, i can't believe how many 'Birds are on Tiki Central! I can totally relate to being the only 'Bird at car shows...
You should totally go custom with it. I shaved my door handles, antenna, and most of the badging. Up next are bags and paint, but recently I've been doing a lot of repairs to just keep the damn thing rolling....

By the way, I love Ford Vickies! Super cool!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-02 3:10 pm   Permalink

Oh, and if I didn't have all of The Hula Girls' gear and merch and everything to bring down, I'd drive my 'Bird to Oasis, for sure!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-03 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-02 15:08, Luckydesigns wrote:
Yeah, i can't believe how many 'Birds are on Tiki Central! I can totally relate to being the only 'Bird at car shows...
You should totally go custom with it. I shaved my door handles, antenna, and most of the badging. Up next are bags and paint, but recently I've been doing a lot of repairs to just keep the damn thing rolling....

By the way, I love Ford Vickies! Super cool!

I'd dig the Kustom thing for it, no doubt. I am doing the full Barris Kustom treatment on Icky Vicky so I will fer sher get my yayas on that one. But mamma and my youngest son have a lot of say in Tiki Bird. We will see. I am doing the same with keeping it running. Slowly she is coming up to speed. The car that is. Mamma still has a ways to go in fully appreciating Kustom. At least she digs Tiki so I am way ahead in the game there.
TS

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation