FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Monthly Tiki Night at 320 Main in Seal Beach - Aug 29 - Creaky Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Monthly Tiki Night at 320 Main in Seal Beach - Aug 29 - Creaky Tiki
Dood
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-18 12:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-12 22:48, TikiGeeki wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-05-12 22:24, Dood wrote:
Ah, Marcos and 320 get their links posted by no link for me? I see how you are.

I'm above such shameless self-promotion anyway.

Oh, for the love of tiki gods... fine... I've updated your info. Don't make me tell these people to come in to 320 Main on a Sunday and order a Three Dots and a Dash or a Smith and Cross Mai Tai. Last thing you need is a wave of Aloha shirts assaulting you... so back off man!

It can't be any worse than last Sunday when I yelled "LAST CALL" and received orders for 6 Zombies.

[ This Message was edited by: Dood 2011-05-18 12:20 ]

View Profile of Dood Send a personal message to Dood  Goto the website of Dood     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 11:57 am   Permalink

Next Monday!

I had a great time seeing everyone at Tiki Caliente. I talked to many of you looking forward to going to this, and that's awesome! If any of you undecided had a chance to stop by my room and have some cocktails, you know how seriously badass the cocktails were (or perhaps you heard rumors)... I don't want to give away my secret, but let's just say I've spent some time watching and learning from the folks at 320 Main. I'm just saying.

Tiki Farm is confirmed to be selling some of their finest mugs that night. Jason is old buddies with a guy who some of you might know as Ken from the Shingles, occasionally hosting Mr. Suave's Mod, Mod World on the internet. He'll be there DJing for the evening.

Please post a note here if you are planning to show, so I can relay back and make sure food and drinks are plentiful. I know you told me in person, but... um... well, I was drinking so its all a little fuzzy. If you've been to 320 before, please let others know your thoughts... I met some people on the fence. Help me give them a nudge. I introduced Doug Horne to the place and have randomly seen him there about three times since. I'm assuming he likes it there.

Hope to see you next Monday!

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 7:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Joby!

Trevor and I will be swinging by Don's for dinner on Monday, and then heading over to hang with you and the 320 Main crew. Looking forward to a rare opportunity to be out on a school night (Look OUT!), and to experience your favorite local haunt with you. Thanks for setting this up!

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 9:14 pm   Permalink

i'll have to plan ahead and come drink with you all one week ; )

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-26 8:14 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna check this out.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-05-27 08:12 am   Permalink

Joby, so bummed I'll be missing it, but as we talked about via-Twitter ... I'll be fishing up North and hopefully catch something you'd be proud of! Have a fantastic time this wknd and hoping Monday is swanky and fun! Definitely next time for sure! <3

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-27 08:58 am   Permalink

Don't forget... After a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, be sure to end the weekend Monday night at 320 Main in Seal Beach at the inaugural monthly Tiki Night!

From posts, PMs, texts, Facebook posts, drunken babbling, etc, I'm counting about one to two dozen of you fine folks planning on attending. I also know a bunch of bartenders that will be there and various food and drink bloggers. Anyone interested in the art and craft of cocktails, it's going to be an amazing time. Can't wait to see you all there!

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolewhip
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-29 8:35 pm   Permalink

Hey, TikiGeeki!

Ken from the Shingles here (along with the Sons of Tangaroa, the Stumblebums and a few other bands that never play anymore) - thanks for the mention!

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the 'Ohana, old and new. Tiki season really has started with a vengeance this year!

I'll be playing Exotica old and new, along with a little Hawaiiana, surf, lounge and whatever else sets the mood for the room.

See everyone tomorrow; Should be a blast!

Cheers,

Ken

View Profile of Dolewhip Send a personal message to Dolewhip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-31 11:02 am   Permalink

Great Drinks,
and a good turn out for this last night.
Thanks for setting this up, or at least telling us about it Joby.

Good job, spinnin tunes, er uh, pushing the buttons, Ken.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-05-31 11:11 am   Permalink

How did everything go? I definitely wasn't able to go (as we talked on Twitter), didn't get back until almost midnight, traffic was pretty awful!

TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-31 11:44 am   Permalink

Such a great night! Thank you everyone who came last night. We had about two dozen of the TC folks come in through out the night to say hi, it was great to see everyone! The owners were blown away by the response from the tiki community.

Wow they got slammed last night! Line waiting when they opened and starting to run out within two hours. I was there juicing limes, grapefruit, oranges and pineapple for a solid 4-5 hours earlier and they blew through it all far faster than anyone expected. They'll probably ramp things up now that they have an idea of volume for the event next month.

Speaking of... Next month (last Monday of the month)... Theme is Don the Beachcomber vs Trader Vic. QB Cooler will be pitted up against the Mai Tai. Zombie will be pitted up against the Fog Cutter. You get the idea. The titans of tiki will be showcased and able to be sampled side by side. Should be fun.

I'll update this as it gets closer with a complete menu and details.

Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-05-31 12:38 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear it was awesome!
I'm totally game, will definitely be there for the next one, no plans and making sure it stays that way so that I can attend! YAY!

ESP182
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-05-31 1:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks for setting it up, and the prepping. Drinks were good, vibe was good. Hot Dogs helped out too!

See you next month!

View Profile of ESP182 Send a personal message to ESP182      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolewhip
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-02 8:43 pm   Permalink

Had a great time spinning tunes, seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

TikiGeeki did a great job getting some of the Tiki Central 'Ohana to show up, not to mention the exemplary prep work he helped provide to get the bar ready for the event. You guys can't imagine how much juicing went on beforehand, and a few drinks still sold out quite quickly. The bar will be even more prepared next time!

Big thanks to 320 Main's Jason Schiffer, Matt "Rumdood" Robold and Marcos Tello; they totally kicked ass behind the bar!

Looking forward to next month's event: Don vs. Vic

Get your drinking shoes on, because it's gonna be serious!

See you then,

Ken

View Profile of Dolewhip Send a personal message to Dolewhip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Missing User65958
Unregistered User
Posted: 2011-06-07 09:38 am   Permalink

Ditto def looking forward to the next one!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation