FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is Torani Hazelnut syrup a good substitute or orgeat syrup in a Mai Tai

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Is Torani Hazelnut syrup a good substitute or orgeat syrup in a Mai Tai
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-24 1:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the mention jingleheimerschmidt, and the compliments CucamongaChango!

I'll be the first to admit my stuff is pricey, but that's because I bring homemade quality to the shelf. I don't use almond flavoring and a sugar syrup base, I heat the almonds, sugar and water together, like I were making it at home, just in an 80 gallon kettle. Almonds are WAAAY more expensive than extract or flavoring, but that's what makes the difference in the end product.

As far as using the Torani Hazelnut, I wouldn't recommend it in a Mai Tai. It'll be interesting, but the flavor can be overpoweringly artificial. My Hazelnut Orgeat would be decent for a variation (also seen it done with Macadamia and Pistachio-based Orgeats), but really shines with simple, rich drinks like a flip or Japanese.

Cheers!

-Blair

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation