FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TIKISKIP : How to make tiki light, Lamp 101
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
TIKISKIP : How to make tiki light, Lamp 101
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 06:15 am   Permalink

Hey skipper,
Loving the flashback thread. It's cool that you posted the hat and basket. I'll add it to my list of "to-do" tiki projects. There are a few of us out here that eat the "instructional" information up...great posts.

Hope summer is fun for you. It's been a real daze here...just flying by. Cutting into my production as well. Just gotta enjoy it while it's here.

Always fun reading your posts.

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HellGhost

Posted: 29 days ago; 12:23 am   Permalink

So I have clearly been a lurker a long time...I came across these things at a place called World market. They are use to cover dinner plates I guess...Link >
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/coconut+top+food+dome.do?&refType=&from=Search

I bought 2 of each of the coconut and bamboo.(the bamboo one is not showing but I got 3 at my store today) They are marked 75% off right now...The coconut one is way cool and has a light metal frame inside. They also had some way cool round lantern that match it to make a bottom it was 75% off too...

I also saw these I'm sure it's not a big deal you but I thought it was brilliant...The price is stupid but the idea is priceless I think?
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/jute+rope+electrical+cord+swag+kit.do?&refType=&from=Search

Hope I'm not braking any rules...And Skip Thank you for the inspiration your awesome!

-Ghost

View Profile of HellGhost Send a personal message to HellGhost      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 29 days ago; 07:46 am   Permalink

Those could work.
And the price is good, well the cord thing is high but still cool.

The trick is not to let people go "oh I see that is a Mayonnaise jar"
Had a guy do that once, not good.

But it needs to look like it was supposed to be a light, not hold Mayonnaise.

An old bottle or jar that has interest because of it's age may work just stay away from the
Miracle Whip containers.

If you are going to use Flotsam and Jetsam on your light make sure it is cool Flotsam and Jetsam.

Good luck, post pics of what you make.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 07:12 am   Permalink

Skip-Just wanted to let you know that I found this Tiki Skip "How To" Lamp School thread a bit enthralling. I don't know how many times I've been back checking it out now. I know you started a while back...but I wanted to mention that there is interest out there for whatever you would like to share. Your a top artist in the tiki genre and any knowledge you can pass on to those of us interested in it is greatly appreciated.

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 7 days ago; 07:49 am   Permalink

Thanks RVICTOR.
Not really been doing much tiki, did have some folks stop by a few weeks ago to
talk tiki it was fun.
Names with held to protect the innocent.

I have been trying to get ideas and light making how to down on paper as there is
a lot of tricks that I have found over the years and want to share them in due time.

May start making and selling in the fall.
Who knows.

But for now....
IT'S A BORE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbE9N6LRpG0
From "Gigi" (1958)
G: What color are the tiki?
H: Brown!
G: What color were they last year?
G: And next year?
G: It's a bore!

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2015-08-21 07:49 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 9:52 pm   Permalink

Well...after watching that clip I feel like an old man.

Tell you what...At some point I would really like to get my hands on one of those cool cork and float lights of yours...so when you are feeling more "brown"...we should talk. Your lamps are the coolest skip.

And if your contemplating a book, you should give the thing a cover that looks like a stone tablet with a bamboo binding.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2 days ago; 03:28 am   Permalink

Ha!

The tiki build vibe hits mostly is the spring and fall after I get all
the house stuff done.
Cold wet spring killed it this year.

Will keep you in mind as I have lots o light parts ready to go.

Thanks!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation