FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TIKISKIP : How to make tiki light, Lamp 101
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
TIKISKIP : How to make tiki light, Lamp 101
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 08:28 am   Permalink

Received the Junolux LED flickering bulbs yesterday skip, one big the other smaller, and had a similar reaction...OK, but not great. Not sure whether they remind me of a flame or just an amber colored bulb that is about to expire. I will still use one on a project I have going as the bulb will be hidden but accessible to tiny hands and they do run nice and cool.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 3 days ago; 10:15 am   Permalink

Well yeah I knew that the bulb could not be seen for a good effect, heck it's a bunch of dots going on and off.

BUT when I did see it the bulb was in a house light that had a frosted glass hiding bulb.
It looked great in that fixture.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: Yesterday; 04:01 am   Permalink

Well I have an update to the (New Advanced Edition) Lakes LED Flickering Flame Light Bulb.
It looks like this bulb goes in and out of Flickering Flame mode.

I do have it outside in a Blow mold, so it could be the cold, it could be it is heating up trapped in the mold.

Wonder if the "New Advanced Edition" model is a fix to the first one that did not work well.

One can only guess as the only thing in the box is a note asking you to tell everybody how great this bulb is and to let them know of any problems.

THIS is the biggest reason I most times don't like new stuff, it does not work.
Have never had the old type Flickering Flame bulb not work and heck they cost like 10 times less than this bulb does.

But $26.00 bucks for a 5 watt bulb is not a great deal.

Will bring this bulb inside and see if that helps, looks like this bulb goes to no flicker after being turned off but with no instructions don't know if that is a "feature" of this bulb.

Too bad this could be cool.

Wanted to let you know before you run out and get this that this could be a problem.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Today; 07:55 am   Permalink

Skipper
Wish u lived closer
Found a float recently
No rope on it

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: Today; 1:20 pm   Permalink

How big is it?
Basket ball hoop net may work.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation