FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lucky 13 Clothing presents Tiki Highway at Don the Beachcomber - July 24th, 2011
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Lucky 13 Clothing presents Tiki Highway at Don the Beachcomber - July 24th, 2011
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 07:50 am   Permalink

Man what a great event but it was packed. Art and his crew didn't see all that coming and they were overwhelmed with customers. But they did their best and everyone had a great time. So much cool art and cars but the people are what make these events. I'm so sore from walking around so much after surgery but it was worth it to get out of the house and see all the people giving Cindy and I support till I recover 100%. Thanks to everyone trying to give up their chairs for me but I'm actually doing so much better and quicker than I thought. I'm feeling it today so ill get back to my icepack. Thank you all.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 09:48 am   Permalink

What an amazing event! Yeah, Don's was NOT prepared for the onslaught of the over 3,000 people who came through the event, but what a show!

It was HOT. And the drink lines were super long. I'm sure they will resolve these issues in the future though. For example, running the AC at full for a whole day before the event and having a separate bar for just beer. That would have fixed A LOT of the issues right there.

But to have a car show, an art show, and bands at DON'S?? It was an absolute dream come true for me.
I hope the good outweighed the bad for most of the new visitors to Don's and we end up getting some more regulars in there to help keep the place going!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-07-25 10:45 am   Permalink

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Lucky 13, Tiki Farm, and Don's for hosting such a HUGE Event

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 10:56 am   Permalink

A crazy day to be sure, It was great to see all the Artists & Vender's, Thank God! they where outside
Von Franco was one cool guy, ended up talking with him for awhile, lots of cool cars, cool artists etc.

Yea someone dropped the ball big time on organizing this or just so many more people came to it then was expected
hope they learn those lessons for the next one.

Big thanks to all the people & bands that still made it a fun day!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKi TiFfY
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-07-25 11:11 am   Permalink

CaR ShOw WaS AMAZING !!! ThAnX 2 AlL

[ This Message was edited by: TiKi TiFfY 2011-07-25 11:12 ]

View Profile of TiKi TiFfY Send a personal message to TiKi TiFfY  Email TiKi TiFfY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 1:05 pm   Permalink

It was surreal to see all of those hep kats and cool betties jam packed into Don's !! It was like some weird alternative 1950's dimensional portal opened up into our own Tiki world.

My observations:

1. The Don's staff worked like troopers. I will go into Tiki battle with them any time and any place.
2. The Rockabilly/Hot Rod/Kustom Kulture crowd really like their beer !!
3. What's up with all the neck tattoos ?? That might play in the OC but will get you shot in LA proper.
4. Their cash was real. They seemed to be devouring up the Tiki art.

Sorry I missed the Hula Girls.

But I scored some Little Lost Tiki art (albeit non-digital, how old-fashioned !!), a Bamboo Ben frame, and the new Tikiyaki O. CD.

All in all, a Tiki productive day.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 1:08 pm   Permalink

Wow!

That was a crazy gig!

Thanx to EVERYONE who came by and picked a lil
something up from us...

And, mucho thankx to Lucky 13, Holden and EVERYONE else.

Yee Haw!! Tiki Tiki !!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wedgie

Posted: 2011-07-25 1:08 pm   Permalink

Came up from San Diego for the day and had a great time. Shout out to the bartenders who were courteous and friendly through the onslaught (and very generous with the Tequila shooters:).

View Profile of Wedgie Send a personal message to Wedgie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 1:30 pm   Permalink

John-O Your the Ralph Storey of the Tiki Scene. Too bad you missed the Hula Girls. Had my picture take with "GROG'S" x girlfriend.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 1:41 pm   Permalink

Awe....
I had soooo much fun and already bugged the Lucky 13 dudes about plans for next year. There was a running list of things to "fix" but Im honored to have been apart of it AND dance with The Hula Girls. Even if i had to strip in front of a very energetic 3 year old... awkward!!!

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 2:18 pm   Permalink

Part 1 of my Photo blog from the event on my Pineappleman's Tiki Blog

http://pineapplemantiki.blogspot.com/2011/07/tiki-highway-event-in-sunset-beach-july.html

[ This Message was edited by: Pineappleman11 2011-07-25 14:19 ]

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 2:34 pm   Permalink

Great Event with a lot of great personalities. 80% of this crowd are not the people I see at other tiki events around California,But I would party with them any day of the week. Everyone was considerate to one another and had a cool Ohana vibe to them. This place was packed past it's abilities but the employee's handled it well. I am sure it will be fixed for future events. With the amount of people that were on hand you would have to bring in some hired gun's or Bonus staff because they seemed to have a lot of body's but still not enough to handle that many people......

Congrat's to Lucky 13 for a great 20 years and awesome party.
Congrat's to Art and Don the Beachcombers for opening up the door to such an event.

I will support both........

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moan tiki

Posted: 2011-07-25 3:35 pm   Permalink

had a wonderful time yesterday. my beau and i showed up around 12:15 and the place was already packed. the entertainment was great, the car show was great, and the drinks were great! looking forward to next year's event.

View Profile of moan tiki Send a personal message to moan tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 4:41 pm   Permalink

More pics please!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 5:20 pm   Permalink

Had a wonderful time, showed up late and got my feet wet with vending, enjoyed seein all the art and meeting some new folks. Hope they do this again soon!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation