FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery junkhauler's junk some new and old stuffs 3/13/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
junkhauler's junk some new and old stuffs 3/13/14
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-25 08:00 am   Permalink

Really wonderful art. Your stripped donkey was a doll at Oasis. We have yet to meet and I hope this will be the year, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-18 10:38 am   Permalink

Thanks PJC and Wendy, here is my "Papua New Guinea storyboard" for the Mary Blair tribute: Its a Small World After All 2012 at Boomerang Gallery, Heebee Jeebee in Petaluma. approx 5 1/2"h X 13 1/2"L photo collage shows Sepik crocs, Yamok hornbills, Hunstein Mtns cult hooks, Sepik drum, gope boards and female ancestoral spirits that are painted on the approx 3/4" deep side of the piece. Love Mary Blair's highly influential work. Had loads of fun gazing at my copy of the Art and Flair of Mary Blair and the Mary Blair Vacu Form red riding hoods i have in my collection. I played around stylistically with her different periods after her early watercolor phase, going between softer haze for the center and stronger graphics for the surrounding; i think the sides of the "canvas (bamboo pressed wood clock)" are more closely a marriage of my style and hers. Though a big fan of her wprk, definitely a bit of a stylistic stretch for me. Hopes ya dig it!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-18 11:12 am   Permalink

Looks great Cass, but I'm confused ~ what are the smaller pieces?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-19 10:32 pm   Permalink

those are the sides.Mike!

Excellent piece,Cass!
You went OFF!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-25 10:21 am   Permalink

Thanks for checkin in guys, had a great time with this piece, albeit it some late hours! Been trying to keep up with pulling up photos and posting, but for those interested and on facebook there is a more comprehensive posting of photos http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.214644711881776.59413.100000087465913&type=3

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-25 10:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-03-19 22:32, little lost tiki wrote:
those are the sides.Mike!

Excellent piece,Cass!
You went OFF!

Oh, I get it now ~ DOH!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-25 1:11 pm   Permalink

Watch out of MadDogMike will copy those guys for his next couture outfit! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-03-25 2:25 pm   Permalink

Wow...amazing artwork and so diverse. Hope to see you at Oasis this year.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-21 09:50 am   Permalink

If MDM wants to make a shirt outa that piece i would be proud for the man to wear it (if he actually does will send him hi res photos to reproduce). Thanks all for checking my little gallery out!

Tiki Tony X Ocea Otica, collab

Munktiki X Ocea Otica collabs

Asaro Mudmen cast/handbuilt mug from 2008

set pieces for one of my shoots from Beachbum Berry REMIXED

[ This Message was edited by: OceaOtica 2012-05-21 09:52 ]

zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-21 10:48 am   Permalink

Cool stuff!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-18 6:20 pm   Permalink

Hey all, havenet posted in some time, had been spending time on my non Oceanic arts based work, but her eare some images
my new THIRSTY zombie mug cocktail tshirt available on my Etsy store

Can you tell, just signed up on Instagram:

A one off Japanese black clay Munktiki reissue of my Zombie mug from my mold

Finally got my Epson printer up and running, so doing prints from photowork from Beach bum Berry's REMIXED, here bagged and boarded Zombie

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-19 10:12 pm   Permalink

Awesome work
Great pics

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-20 08:57 am   Permalink

I had seen your work, but wasn't familiar with it until now.

Love it all.

And I'm thoroughly amused by your setup for Remixed. Good job on the details.

Shame you don't have any more moai mugs.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-21 04:54 am   Permalink

I just started to happen to follow you on Instagram too, after you liked some of my photos.

Small world.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-21 09:02 am   Permalink

Wow, I enjoyed looking at all your work. The photo set up was over the top cool. Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation