FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Ocea Otica new stuff 5/2018

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Ocea Otica new stuff 5/2018
OceaOtica
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-03-18 10:38 am   Permalink

Thanks PJC and Wendy, here is my "Papua New Guinea storyboard" for the Mary Blair tribute: Its a Small World After All 2012 at Boomerang Gallery, Heebee Jeebee in Petaluma. approx 5 1/2"h X 13 1/2"L photo collage shows Sepik crocs, Yamok hornbills, Hunstein Mtns cult hooks, Sepik drum, gope boards and female ancestoral spirits that are painted on the approx 3/4" deep side of the piece. Love Mary Blair's highly influential work. Had loads of fun gazing at my copy of the Art and Flair of Mary Blair and the Mary Blair Vacu Form red riding hoods i have in my collection. I played around stylistically with her different periods after her early watercolor phase, going between softer haze for the center and stronger graphics for the surrounding; i think the sides of the "canvas (bamboo pressed wood clock)" are more closely a marriage of my style and hers. Though a big fan of her wprk, definitely a bit of a stylistic stretch for me. Hopes ya dig it!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation