FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ŧ ŧ Tiki Drinks and Food ŧ ŧ Simplified versions of Donīs Own Planterīs and Donīs Daiquiri from U.S. Navy charity cookbook?
Simplified versions of Donīs Own Planterīs and Donīs Daiquiri from U.S. Navy charity cookbook?
n0ir

Posted: 2011-06-08 3:04 pm   Permalink

Hello fellow Tikiphiles!

I sat in front of the TV (my wife hooked on "Teenwolf"... :S) and flipped through Berrys Sippinī Safari once again when I stumbled on two drinks on page 123, where Berry havenīt listed the ingredients.

It is versions of Donīs Own Planterīs and Donīs Daiquiri from U.S. Navy charity cookbook (1950). According to Berry these were "simplified, shakable versions".

Simplified and shakable sound pretty sweet to me (having a really crappy mixer) but does anyone knows how to MAKE them?

View Profile of n0ir Send a personal message to n0ir      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-08 9:22 pm   Permalink

ok here we go...
Don's own planter's
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz soda water
2 dashes angostura bitters
1 oz honey mix ( 1 part honey & 1 part water. Heat honey first then add water)
1 1/2 oz dark Jamaican rum
1 oz light Puerto Rican rum

served in a pilsener glass.

Don's Daiquiri
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
3/4 oz honey mix
2 oz light Puerto Rican rum

served in champagne glass.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
n0ir

Posted: 2011-06-09 06:23 am   Permalink

Nice! Thank you!

Where did you read the reciepie? I have tried to find the mentioned book but couldn't find it (not even a mention on Google). Could be my search skills lacking though...

View Profile of n0ir Send a personal message to n0ir      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-09 08:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-09 06:23, n0ir wrote:
Nice! Thank you!

Where did you read the reciepie? I have tried to find the mentioned book but couldn't find it (not even a mention on Google). Could be my search skills lacking though...

Those recipes are in either Jeff Beachbum Berry's Grog Log or Remixed...if I remember correctly.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-06-09 08:57 am   Permalink

Why Beachbum Berry's Grog Log of course!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
n0ir

Posted: 2011-06-09 12:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-06-09 08:57, hiltiki wrote:
Why Beachbum Berry's Grog Log of course!

I seem to have expressed myself poorly. I know the recipes are in Remixed but I interpreted the passage from Sippinī Safari that the one published in the Navy charity cookbook were simplified versions of the two drinks?

The recipe for Donīs Planters Punch in Remixed differs from the recipe you wrote (and requires a blender). Does the recipe in Grog Log (Navy charity cookbook-version) differs from the one in Remixed (original version)?

I always thought Grog Log was included in Remixed but if there is recipes that is excluded I probably should try to buy it as well...

[ This Message was edited by: n0ir 2011-06-15 05:54 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation