FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Lamps and other tiki projects. Puffer in a float lamps. New Stuff! 8/6/2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Lamps and other tiki projects. Puffer in a float lamps. New Stuff! 8/6/2013
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-10 07:47 am   Permalink

Thank you very much Mike, Vamp and Wendy! I hope to work with clay again very soon.
Glassblowing is so much fun and very challenging! I always wanted to make my own floats and just get exposure to the whole glass art, it is a great medium with so many possibilities!

[ This Message was edited by: spiked 2012-07-11 06:01 ]

View Profile of spiked Send a personal message to spiked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-12 09:02 am   Permalink

Man, so many awesome lamp build in this thread! Love them all.

View Profile of nicholauslee Send a personal message to nicholauslee  Goto the website of nicholauslee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-12 09:26 am   Permalink

Yep, love your lamps, I could have a thousand float lamps it seems and still want more.

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-13 09:33 am   Permalink

Thank you

I feel the same about floats.. I can never have enough.. After I picked up a book on vintage glass floats, I have become even more obsessed

View Profile of spiked Send a personal message to spiked      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-14 10:20 pm   Permalink

Am in love with the blowfish in the float

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-26 2:13 pm   Permalink

Thank you!

Here are the some updates, as I promised.
I have recently been commissioned by the new place in town to make some lamps for them.
They have seen photos of my work so order was really specific to what they wanted and what worked for them for the vision that they had.
Here are is what they ended up with, first is a picture that one of the owners snapped of me, when I delivered the lamp:

One of two of my glass blown floats that they have:

The most exciting to make were two custom pieces that I personally just love!!
I have collaborated with an amazing artist and great friend Capt'n Skully and equally amazing artist and friend Bob, to make them super cool and awesome- -Tiki drum lamp (Kona Style Lono Drum lamp) and a skull chandelier, (Matau Skull lamp).

Here are some of the photos of the progress:

SKULLS!!

HOOKS!

FIGHTS!!!!!

I had one more skull left over, so I decided to make a reproduction of one of the Papua New Guinea decorated skulls from 'Oceanic Art' book by Anthony J P Meyer.
He now lives above the bar and named 'The Seventh Skull'

Thank you for looking!

-Lena

Here is the link to the article, a lot of love went into making this place happen!

http://www.columbusunderground.com/the-making-of-a-tiki-bar-behind-the-scenes-at-grass-skirt

[ This Message was edited by: spiked 2012-09-26 14:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: spiked 2012-09-26 14:44 ]

BeezleBug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 5:53 pm   Permalink

Love the skulls with the PNG decoration.

View Profile of BeezleBug Send a personal message to BeezleBug  Email BeezleBug Goto the website of BeezleBug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-26 5:57 pm   Permalink

Astounding work!

I am in LOVE with the glowing puffer fish in the globes! And the skulls - gasp! So great!

Henrik "VanTIki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-26 6:31 pm   Permalink

WOW Lena!

So much cool stuff, you are just bubbling over with creativity! Love the giant fishhook lamp with the skulls.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 6:34 pm   Permalink

I really LOVE the puffer fish in the float lamp! AMAZING!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-27 12:21 pm   Permalink

Thank you all so much!!
I cannot wait to get started on new stuff!!

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-27 12:23 pm   Permalink

SO MUCH AWESOME IN ONE THREAD!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-06 11:18 am   Permalink

Oh wow! It's been a while!!
I hope all is well!

I have few lamps and other things in the works and finally a site!! I will be changing the format a bit already, but here it is!

http://lenalight.com/

New Skull- still in process..

Red Glass float with cotton rope-8"

Puffer in a float-12"

Thank you for looking!!!

Lena.

Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 1:05 pm   Permalink

Yikes, I thought the tiki lamp was scary, then skulls and warriors and moar skullz...

I luv it

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spiked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-07 8:27 pm   Permalink

Thank you!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation