FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » OHANA 2012-Official Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
OHANA 2012-Official Thread
porco
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-03 10:20 am   Permalink

hey there, just noticed this event. if anyone is passing through amsterdam, ny to get there, might be fun to go on a little "archeological" mission at the old tepee lounge if time affords. not sure there's much to see, but like i said, if you're passing through it might be worth snapping some pics.

more info on my posts in here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31441&forum=1&start=45&55

looks like a great time. will definitely have to put the next one on the calendar. enjoy!

View Profile of porco Send a personal message to porco  Goto the website of porco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-03 10:31 am   Permalink

I pass through Amsterdam on the way to Ohana... I'll have to check it out.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-05 04:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-03 10:04, pablus wrote:

This robust and rotund gentleman will be sporting his new custom Leeward Lounge ukulele and playing it until his fat fingers can't strum another chord. I can hear the 3 part harmonies already lilting through the summer air.

No pressure!
I can't wait to hear you play it, man.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-05 07:45 am   Permalink

When the dinner show is done Saturday night, I'm marching up to the Paradise Lounge, ordering a Mai Tai, and commandeering the stage in the name of ukulele!!!

( well, being as robust a gentleman as I am, it'll be a little more like squatting than commandeering, but it will be spirited squatting I can assure you that! Of course squatting sounds ugly and almost graphic so let us just say I'll be lounging with purpose)

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-05 08:01 am   Permalink

I'd like to get my request in early. I'm hoping that Bamboo Saxotica does a reprise of their Exotica arrangement of "Moby Dick". That was awesome last year.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-05 09:06 am   Permalink

LOL!!! So glad you liked that!

We have a lot of exciting surprises this year!

That could definitely happen since it was actually a request by OHANA creator Sully in honor of our local Queequeg Chapter here in New England.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-06 12:43 pm   Permalink

This will be the first year my husband and I will be attending the Ohana event and we are beyond excited! I look forward to meeting more tiki-junkies! Counting down the days!

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-07 11:47 am   Permalink

Come & Join the FUN!!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-11 10:19 am   Permalink

Is it June yet!?!

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-14 05:53 am   Permalink

From Thursday/Friday's email. Sorry folks. I'm still having some email issues. Trying to get my inbox "unstuck", but right now I'm not getting of the emails you send. Feel free to PM me here, on the FOM, or over on facebook in the meantime.

Now on to the good stuff

OHANA Email: S4:E9 The one about the mug...

Quote:

AloooooooooooooooooooooooooHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No big ramble today folks, just a quick note to let you know that as an attendee, you can get your Ohana mug RIGHT NOW!!!

Ok, not physically get it, but pre-order it, and pick it up at the event.

We only make 100 of these, and they are ONLY available to attendees, one per person.

Pre-order now to make sure you don’t get left out in the cold when they sell out!!

You can snag ‘em here: http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/ohana_mug.php

Once again, Squid nailed a great old school look and feel on a classic 3-panel bucket mug featuring two of the most iconic tikis from the Tiki Resort.

Check it out:

Pretty sick huh?

And it holds a NICE amount of Mai Tai, Navy Grog, or whatever your favorite beverage is. It also makes a great pencil/pen holder on your desk at work!!

So, whatcha waiting for? Go get yours now! http://fraternalorderofmoai.org/ohana/ohana_mug.php

And then you can see more of Squid’s work (AFTER you order your mug) at his site:
http://www.squidart.com

And be sure to bug him to come to Ohana this year. He’s “on the fence”… lets push him over!

Also I can’t forget our buddy Max over at Taboo Island, who is physically making and firing all of these mugs (and doing a kick ass job!!) He’ll be at Ohana too, with all sorts of killer stuff for sale, but if you can’t wait, check out Taboo Island here:
http://www.tabooisland.com

If you havent bought your Ohana tickets yet (why u wait so long?), go get em on the website: http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com
... And once you buy a ticket, you can buy a mug!! That’s a win-win!

Thanks for all your continued support, and as always, we’ll see ya at the lake!!!

-Bargoyle-
http://www.LuauAtTheLake.com

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2012-05-14 05:55 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-15 7:12 pm   Permalink

That's a fine mug.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 1:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-06 12:43, Tiki-kitty wrote:
This will be the first year my husband and I will be attending the Ohana event and we are beyond excited! I look forward to meeting more tiki-junkies! Counting down the days!

Glad you're coming to join us kitty!!

If you see me running by, give me a yell. I love meeting new folks and always like the feedback from first timers. I'm easy to spot... I'll be the overweight guy in the Aloha shirt.

For real though, cant wait to meet ya, and I'm sure you're gonna have a blast!

Keep your eyes out here (or for emails and facebook posts) for some more big news really soon!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2012-05-16 13:54 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-18 06:40 am   Permalink

More big news? How much better can it get?

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-05-26 10:27 am   Permalink

Hi Bargoyle!
Thanks for the warm welcome! I will certainly keep my eyes open for you! I have boy & girl tiki-kitties tattooed just under my collar bone (makes me a weee bit easier to find in a crowd- that and I am 6' tall). My husband and I are counting down the days! Everyone ALREADY seems so nice and we haven't even met any of you yet!
Mahalo!!!
Tiki Kitty!

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 8:32 pm   Permalink

I hear there will be a special West Coast only Bowl available for the Mystery Bowl Auction, start saving your scheckles now! I lookin at you Rev!

May your first child be a Moai child..

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation