FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Koloa Rum - yay or nay?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Koloa Rum - yay or nay?
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-29 11:46 pm   Permalink

At Tiki Oasis 12 in Martin's seminar I first got a taste of the Koloa dark. It had a distinctive nose of toasted marshmallow, which I thought was great. I bought a bottle at Total Wine, and no toasted marshmallow. Just an OK black rum. It's better than Myers's, which has a pool water like chlorine note, but I still like Coruba better.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-30 07:00 am   Permalink

I'm also offput by Koloa's price, and haven't tried it yet. I do want to get ahold of their coconut though. And of course Coruba is awesome!

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-30 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-30 07:00, Kill Devil wrote:
I'm also offput by Koloa's price, and haven't tried it yet. I do want to get ahold of their coconut though. And of course Coruba is awesome!

Broken record here but to me you should buy their coconut rum blindly, because its just correct. Its made the way it should be and its as simple as that. Personally I can't compare their dark to Coruba, because to me its a much richer dark. Could be killer in mixing but also sippable, to me. The price, yes, is off-putting, so maybe you try it and move on, but for that price I'll still be buying the coconut whenever I need it.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-30 1:10 pm   Permalink

Koloa is pricey in Hawaii as well...I don't love it enough to shell out the extra $$. I haven't had the coconut rum, yet, though...

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation