FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Waikiki Tiki: Slide Show, Luau & The Smokin' Menehunes Tonight!!! 9/4 @ Don the Beachcomber, HB
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Waikiki Tiki: Slide Show, Luau & The Smokin' Menehunes Tonight!!! 9/4 @ Don the Beachcomber, HB
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-07-09 6:15 pm   Permalink

Get your tickets now for this very special One-Night Engagement with author Phillip Roberts and the Smokin' Menehunes in a True Tiki Temple. Included is a luau buffet, live "hapa haole" music to set the mood and a slide presentation that will wisk you out of Southern California and onto the sunny shores of Oahu!

The Smokin' Menehunes will play during the buffet followed by an exciting and informative slide show presentation of Tiki in Waikiki and around Oahu and the rest of the Hawaiian Islands.

The music starts at 6:45pm and the buffet begins at 7pm.

Only $45 for an evening of food, live music and entertainment!

There will be drink specials and PRIMO swag give-aways.

Sponsored by Appleton Estate Rum and PRIMO Beer.

16278 Pacific Coast Hwy. Huntington Beach CA 92649 (562)592-1321

Purchase your tickets here:
Waikiki Tiki: Spend An Evening in Paradise

*****Thank you to all who purchased tickets in advance! There will be tickets available at the door. Please be there at 6:30 to purchase tickets. The Smokin' Menehunes will begin at 6:45pm. There is a bar inside the Hidden Village so go directly to the back of Don the Beachcomber.*******************************************************

During this event we will be doing a Raffle to help raise money for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Honolulu Organization.

Big Brothers and Big sisters of Honolulu

If you are interested in donating a prize for the Raffle please PM or email WooHoo Wahine woohoowahine@yahoo.com

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-09-04 08:33 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-10 07:10 am   Permalink

Chris, Please put my wife and I down for 2 tickets, we have been waiting for such an authentic Hawaiian event for a long time that brings back the atmosphere of of the 50-60's with music ,food, and being in a great Tiki Bar. Thank you and your wife for putting a great event together for the Tiki People.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-11 4:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I am quite excited! As you know, I was planning on presenting this at Hukilau, but this is going to be much better. The intimate setting and the addition of my pals the Smokin' Menehunes is going to be great!

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-16 2:12 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

Hey, by the way. keep September 4th Open if you will be near LA. I'm coming to town with a dynamite presentation I call "A Celebration of the Tiki Age in Hawaii." I'm going to show it One Night Only at Don the Beachcombers in Huntington Beach for an intimate crowd. Luau buffett, Smoking Menehunes and a long interesting presentation of vintage slides, original photographs, and talk by me. Oh, also, you'll HEAR the Voice of Donn Beach. Gonna Be wicked cool.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-16 2:46 pm   Permalink

I am so looking forward to this magical event !!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-16 3:02 pm   Permalink

Ha, ha. I crack up imagining Spermy actually saying the words...

"I am so looking forward to this magical event !!"

But Phillip Roberts might change your Tiki outlook. He changed mine...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30590&forum=1&vpost=564694

2. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30590&forum=1&vpost=565025

And I can't imagine better music to accompany this event than the Smokin' Menehunes.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-07-21 07:31 am   Permalink

Just a quick "heads-up"...Tix will be going live for this event very soon! I will post the link here first. there will be very limited seating, so don't delay and get your tickets right away!

Faccebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=161245137280584

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-07-26 6:04 pm   Permalink

Tickets are now on sale!!! Go to: www.donthebeachcomber.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=389338 to purchase your tickets today. There is limited seating for this very exclusive event, so get 'em today!

HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 1:44 pm   Permalink

My wife and I purchased are tickets to: "SPEND AN EVENING IN PARADISE" WITH Phil Roberts with the Smokin' Menehunes at favorite Tiki restaurant Don's the Beachcomber . Thanks to Karen and Chris of Soccer Tiki Productions we will be celebrating are anniversity of being married in Honolulu in the early 70's in Sept.
This will be like being in Hawaii again for the best thing that happened to us in our lifetime.

Also looking forward to maybe in the future to a Tiki Cruise put on by Soccer Tiki Productions. Making events for Tiki People

[ This Message was edited by: HB TIKI 2011-07-28 13:17 ]

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2011-07-27 1:51 pm   Permalink

During this event we will be doing a Raffle to help raise money for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Honolulu Organization.

http://www.bigshonolulu.org/site/c.8rKNI6MMIgIWE/b.6356917/k.EFF3/Home_Page.htm

If you are interested in donating a prize for the Raffle please PM me or email me at woohoowahine@yahoo.com

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2011-07-27 14:02 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-27 10:43 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I think it's a great idea! I'll donate some juicy artifact used in the book! I'll have to think which one for a few days. This is going to be a swell night.

[ This Message was edited by: phillip roberts 2011-07-29 11:46 ]

SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-07-30 11:08 am   Permalink

The ticket sales are up an running! I spoke with Phillip Roberts the other day and he is very excited about this event and is adding new material to his show!

Artists and others are donating very cool items for the raffle prizes. We will be making a donation to the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Honolulu foundation.

To get your tickets to this special event go to:
Waikiki Tiki: Spend An Evening in Paradise

WooHooWahine

Posted: 2011-08-03 6:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-07-09 18:15, SoccerTiki wrote:

Big Brothers and Big sisters of Honolulu

If you are interested in donating a prize for the Raffle please PM or email WooHoo Wahine woohoowahine@yahoo.com

FYI..... Raffle Tickets will be $5 a piece or $20 for 7 Raffle Tickets

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiwaka the Parrot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-08-05 09:40 am   Permalink

‎10 FREE Tiki books to those Ticket Buyers to this event!
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=161245137280584

"The Parrot Talks in Chocolate" on Amazon.com

View Profile of Tiwaka the Parrot Send a personal message to Tiwaka the Parrot  Email Tiwaka the Parrot Goto the website of Tiwaka the Parrot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2011-08-05 12:42 pm   Permalink

Wow! Thanks Everett! For those of you who haven't read the book, "The Parrot Talks in Chocolate" you will be in for a pleasant treat! It's a great read and you will be glad you read it! (Everett's got a couple other great books out as well!)

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2011-08-05 12:44 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation