FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Locating Tiki Ľ Ľ Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar & Tangaroa Terrace, Anaheim, CA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar & Tangaroa Terrace, Anaheim, CA (bar)
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 09:44 am   Permalink

Here's a fun article with the Head Decorator at Trader Sam's, Brandon Kleyla: http://www.endorexpress.net/special-features/trader-samís-enchanted-tiki-bar/

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 09:59 am   Permalink

Did you find this link from WDW Magic?

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 10:08 am   Permalink

I didn't even know what WDW Magic was, had to Google it. I was doing a search to see if there was a store somewhere selling the Uh Oa bowl, and found this article instead.

Related question: Why doesn't Disney sell *all* of their wares through their official stores? I shouldn't have to pay $80 on eBay for this! Grumble grumble.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 10:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-07 10:08, TikiTacky wrote:
I didn't even know what WDW Magic was, had to Google it. I was doing a search to see if there was a store somewhere selling the Uh Oa bowl, and found this article instead.

Related question: Why doesn't Disney sell *all* of their wares through their official stores? I shouldn't have to pay $80 on eBay for this! Grumble grumble.

Maybe because they want you to spend even more money by having to make a special trip to Orlando or Anaheim.
They have special items only sold on their cruise ships, Club 33, various resorts, D23 members, etc, etc...

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 11:33 am   Permalink

If I'm too cheap to pay $80 for a tiki bowl, I'm definitely too cheap to pay to go to Disneylandworld!

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 11:34 am   Permalink

New items on menu and new drinks

Disney Park Blog: Tangaroa Terrace Menu Gets Makeover, Plus Three New Drinks at Trader Samís

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-29 11:39 am   Permalink

Yeah this was cross-discussed in General Tiki/http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewforum.php?forum=1&121568. Passionate Python (aka Sidewinder's Fang), Murky Mojito, and Polynesian Punch (replaces Jungle River Sunset, comes in the Enchanted Tiki Room sipper), plus new food items, have been around since about April 6th. Funny that Parks Blogs either lagged in their promotion, or scrambled and figured they should say something.

It seems like our Disney/Trader Sam's discussions are all over these forums, often cross-discussing the same topics in all of these. Would be nice if we could make *A* threat for all of these.

[ This Message was edited by: kkocka 2014-05-29 11:40 ]

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-31 12:44 pm   Permalink

On 2014-05-29 11:39, kkocka wrote:
It seems like our Disney/Trader Sam's discussions are all over these forums, often cross-discussing the same topics in all of these. Would be nice if we could make *A* threat for all of these.
[/quote]

Good point. We should have three threads right now:
* Locating Tiki - Trader Sam's Anaheim
* Locating Tiki - Trader Sam's Orlando
* Locating TIki - Disney's Polynesian Resort Orlando

I've been following this established convention. And I think that technically any Trader Sam's post should go into one or two of the three above.

I suggested last week that we move our Polynesian Resort discussion from Trader Sam's Orlando over to Polynesian Resort, and that's what we did. There may be a need to move some replies, or consolidate some threads. We can each mention and suggest this to Hakalugi, our moderator. You can also U-mod posts and suggest that they be moved.

Cheers!

=====================
All the great villainies of history, from the murder of Abel to the Treaty of Versailles, have been perpetuated by sober men, and chiefly by teetotalers.
--H.L. Mencken

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 12:50 pm   Permalink

Murky Mojito Recipe Ė Trader Samís

My favorite drink there, this is the recipe I have derived from watching many of them made, and replicating it myself. Though I hear they have replace Lemon Hart with Goslingís 151 because of the LH151 production lapse (
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=24622&forum=10&start=90).

• 10 Mint Leaves
  • 1 Fresh Lime (1/2 oz lime juice)
  • 1 oz Monin Agave Organic Nectar
  • 1 1/2 oz Lemon Hart 151
  • Angostura Aromatic Bitters

In highball glass, muddle mint leaves, lime, and agave in bottom of glass. Fill glass with crushed ice, pour Lemon Hart in over the ice. With bar spoon, mix thoroughly. Top glass off with more crushed ice, add 6-8 dashes bitters over the top (snow cone style). Add straw and garnish.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 3:11 pm   Permalink

Do they muddle the leaves? I don't recall them actually muddling them nor was there a minty flavor to the drink. Honestly I think they're just for show because they call the swizzle a mojito.

EDIT: Also they're good on LH151 until maybe October or so when their supply will be out.

[ This Message was edited by: kkocka 2014-07-25 15:11 ]

Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-10 12:09 am   Permalink

In case anyone hasn't seen this: Someone has posted a 2-hour background music loop from Trader Sam's on YouTube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPRGcoTvnQg&list=UU2DJR5HYnejHMwRThNHxahQ

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-10 04:38 am   Permalink

THANKS Hurricane

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDad
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-08-10 06:27 am   Permalink

Thanks Hurricane!!

View Profile of TikiDad Send a personal message to TikiDad  Email TikiDad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joshua_w
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-26 03:22 am   Permalink

Posting this to both Trader Sam's threads in case anyone misses it:
New mug released (08/25)
Second Edition of the Krakatoa Mug

Same sculpt as the previous Krakatoa, with a new glaze, just like they did with the barrel mug a while back. One difference, however, is that they're actually acknowledging this as a 2nd edition as seen on the bottom of the mug, unlike the barrel that still says 1st edition. This glaze is much better if you ask me, really shows off the detail in the sculpt much better than the previous glaze. These are going fast and from what I've been told will be sold out by tomorrow. Hopefully they can get more stock relatively quickly but who knows. Sometimes new Sam's mugs sell out and aren't seen again for quite a while.

View Profile of joshua_w Send a personal message to joshua_w      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-26 7:01 pm   Permalink

LOVE it. Not a big fan of how they molded the lava, but this is a GREAT glaze.

Hope prices come down on eBay or some of you nice folks can snag me one.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation