FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar & Tangaroa Terrace, Anaheim, CA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar & Tangaroa Terrace, Anaheim, CA (bar)
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-27 10:36 am   Permalink

Keith,good to know about subbing the POG for Gorilla Grog. Gonna experiment with this tomorrow.
Jungle Chris, my girl and I are there Monday at 6, too. We'll have to exchange a TC "aloha" if we bump into each other.

Ok, maybe we'll see you at the next Don's?
Ryan

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Chris

Posted: 2014-09-29 08:26 am   Permalink

Hopefully I see you there Finky.

So it's been bugging me, so I went to sams Saturday night and ordered a shipwreck and there certainly is something else in it, club soda maybe? I guess I can ask the bartender tonight. I'm super excited!

View Profile of Jungle Chris Send a personal message to Jungle Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 10:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-29 08:26, Jungle Chris wrote:
So it's been bugging me, so I went to sams Saturday night and ordered a shipwreck and there certainly is something else in it, club soda maybe? I guess I can ask the bartender tonight. I'm super excited!

Nope - what I posted is it. Either your taster is off or you got a messed up drink, which depending on the bartender (lots of newbies hired lately) could be a possibility. Shipwreck's just a revised Whiskey Smash.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 09:16 am   Permalink

I was Trader Sam's Sunday night and Michael was working. He used to be a bartender/manager at the old Don the Beachcomber. He makes four drinks not on the menu, but they are in my opinion, better than any of the drinks on the Sam's menu. He makes a Navy Grog, Lapu Lapu, Island Wolfhound, and a King Kamehameha Mai Tai. I'm thinking the Mai Tai is a pared down version of the Don's Mai Tai recipe.

I liked the Island Wolfhound the best, but all were excellent. He mentioned they are stronger than any of the drinks on the Sam's menu, but the alcohol is well hidden. He was right - I was buzzing for hours and had a small hangover to deal with the next morning.

Went back that night to have one last drink and Michael wasn't working. So I had a Shrunken Zombie Head and it tasted so unsophisticated compared to the previous night's drinks. Reinforced the fact that I've been ruined forever by well crafted cocktails!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula 2014-10-22 15:24 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 5:46 pm   Permalink

Ah, so my assumption for the Shipwreck on the Rocks was pretty spot on - just had an extra mint leaf, but I'll continue making them as I have been! The latest video straight from Disney Insider on their cocktails:

http://youtu.be/N1zpaj0v2oQ

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 12:24 am   Permalink

Mahalo KK

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 10:53 am   Permalink

That's four mint leaves?:

Looks closer to a dozen to me, or does a group of leaves count as one?

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 10 days ago; 11:53 am   Permalink

They use 4, can't blame Cristian for using tongs for mint leaves and the lemon, haha. Can you imagine the time added to all drinks if they tonged everything? That's corporate video for you. It also looks like I was correct after all in that it is 4 and not 3; I said 3 based off the video description in the box below.

Anyway, its just a Whiskey Smash so nothing new here!

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 9:10 pm   Permalink

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 05:16 am   Permalink

^^^ That's perfect. hahahha.

Also, making ALL the Shipwrecks tonight....

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation