Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki witco questions,
witco questions,
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-13 8:59 pm   Permalink

I posted this over in the witco thread but I thought it might do better on it's own.....Ok... I found a pair of similar stools like the set posted in the pic below by sneakypete

alittle wear and tear on the set I found and the cushions are long gone. Anybody have a idea what a fair ballpark price would be? I am looking at buying not selling. The orig. tag for the dealer (antique. store) was 289.00pr They have them marked way down from there, but I have no idea what is fair price on these. Witco is not a norm this far north In cal., (witco spainish yes,) Thoughts anyone??? I would like to make a offer on them.

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 03:03 am   Permalink

$ 40.- bucks

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-14 09:25 am   Permalink

I concur,

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-15 07:42 am   Permalink

Thank you gentelmen! They have them marked down to 98.00 which was to rich for my blood. but 40 ish... better.

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-15 09:07 am   Permalink

It's just....they are just not shining examples of the art of Witco wood sculpting. If this would have been it, there would have been no "Tiki Modern". I mean if you have a cool Witco Tiki bar and no bar stools and you need something that matches the style, OK, but otherwise...

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-07-15 22:25 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-15 8:36 pm   Permalink

More like the awe of finding different Witco in my area what little is here is more like the conquistador or 1 or 2 of the Spanish style candle holders etc. first bar stools I've seen. Wife isn't crazy about them either.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation