FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Elemakule bitters - verdict?
Elemakule bitters - verdict?
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-17 11:00 pm   Permalink

Has anybody tried out Bitterman's Elemakule bitters? The allspice and cinnamon combo seems promising for tiki cocktails: http://store.thebostonshaker.com/index.php?product=CIBI-TIKI

The Boston Shaker is a great online shop BTW, they also offer the recently resurrected Boker's Bitters.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rawim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-18 10:11 am   Permalink

I like them.

Definitely you do taste the spice a little bit more clearly in these then in the Ango I feel.

Very good in almost all drinks that call for Ango, they do give a different flavor but in a good way.

I think they are worth trying, I enjoy them and use them when wanting to change things up or when I want to create something unique.

-Rawim

View Profile of Rawim Send a personal message to Rawim  Goto the website of Rawim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blueeyedtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-05 10:45 am   Permalink

I just picked up a bottle of the Elemakule Tiki bitters on a whim and was curious what to use it in. So, I searched and found this thread. It has a really awesome smell and I feel it will probably be a lot stronger than the Angostura. So what have you guys used it in?

I was considering using it in this recipe i found on Imbibe Magazine's website.
http://imbibemagazine.com/Shipwreck-Recipe

View Profile of blueeyedtiki Send a personal message to blueeyedtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-05 5:45 pm   Permalink

I've been using them as a float on top of drinks that have Pernod to enhance the aroma. I'm not sure I'm tasting them though as most exotic cocktails in that category have many ingredients and a complex flavor profile. I'll be sure to try the Shipwreck!

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-05 7:32 pm   Permalink

I like them. Just picked some up a few weeks ago and haven't used it in too many things, but I agree it is a good changeup from Ango.

Bitter Truth's Jerry Thomas' Own Decanter Bitters also has a big dose of allspice in the flavor profile.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation